UKC

Daisies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

.....a full patch out today, in January, plus fresh rudbeckia flowers, normally seen in late summer...

Not a mere suggestion of frost for weeks. 

Weird weather and nature struggling to make sense of it.

Bingers 29 Dec 2023
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

They used to say winter comes quickly round these parts and how the months fly by, but I am impressed how you are so ahead of the times that it is already 2024 where you are.

MG 29 Dec 2023

> .....a full patch out today, in January, 

It's December ....

Blue Straggler 29 Dec 2023
In reply to MG:

> It's December ....

Have you seen where the OP takes their name from? They are just being in character

Phil1919 29 Dec 2023

Climate change is speeding up. It seems to be increasingly ignored and sidelined. Mass case of 'head in sand'.

Post edited at 18:20
In reply to Phil1919:

> Climate change is speeding up.

So is time, apparently...

wintertree 29 Dec 2023
In reply to captain paranoia:

> So is time, apparently...

A subject that fascinates me.  Time dilation for us humans will increase if the mass of the planet beneath our feet is increasing, and decrease if it’s decreasing.  Bog standard general relativity, but the devil is in the details.  It’s not really clear if mass gains (mostly asteroid and comet impacts) are more or less than mass loss (mostly the flux of a small fraction of the molecular hydrogen in the upper atmosphere achieving escape velocity and buffering off).  So there’s no great certainty if the planet is getting lighter or heavier, and so we don’t know if our time is speeding up or slowing down.  As inconsequential as this is, the lack of certainty bothers me.

In reply to wintertree:

> A subject that fascinates me

My comment was somewhat more lowbrow, based on the OP believing it was already January...

In reply to MG:

> It's December ....

Aye, but they'll be out in 2 days too 😬

In reply to Blue Straggler:

> Have you seen where the OP takes their name from? They are just being in character

I was a little <hic> sozzled at the time of posting 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...