UKC

Drain Again (update)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Greenbanks 27 Jun 2019

As promised, an update on the drainage issue (unable to reply on the original thread as its been archived).

We got a contact who knew a self-employed guy who had a camera that'd do an inspection. This revealed a concentrated lump (I suppose, a fatberg, as they seem a common talking point). Not sure how it had accumulated - nor over what amount of time. He tried jetting it - to no avail. Then several doses of highly concentrated drain cleaner (lethal stuff, which no doubt body-snatchers use). After several sessions with that the blockage finally gave up and admitted defeat. Big sense of relief as at one stage I had a feeling that it'd require lifting stone floors etc (complete with under-floor water pipes etc). The stuff that finally did the business is available commercially - if anyone wants the details I can supply them.

Cheers

Fruitbat 27 Jun 2019
In reply to Greenbanks:

Pleased to hear that you sorted it out fairly straightforwardly. Also, thanks for letting us know the outcome as there are quite a few requests for help and advice (not just building and diy stuff) on here that receive many (often detailed and lengthy) suggestions but the OP is never heard from again, whereas just a brief summary would not only let everyone know if their info had been useful but would also be a way of saying thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...