UKC

DVLA - 5 star service

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wilkie14c 21 May 2023

DVLA gets lots of negative web space, especially after the pandemic and the backlog they had. Wasn’t particularly looking forward to dealing with them recently but what a sterling service I’ve had, felt I should sing their praises for once.

Needed the code to hire a van, web site kept knocking me back so had to ring them. Went through the menu system and then straight to an advisor with the lovely Swansea accent. He couldn’t see a problem their end and gave me the code over the phone. At the van hire office, the code didn’t work, rang again from the office and again, straight to an advisor. This time gave me the code over the phone and after establishing I was at the van hire place, stayed on the line while the code was put through at my end just in case of problems. Worked without issue and I was sorted. 

Last Wednesday I did the change of address for me and wife on the website. New licenses arrived Saturday! It may be different for those without a passport as our driving licenses are linked but still, 3 days, wow! 

Good old fashioned customer service like in’t old days. Bravo DVLA!

That is all

DizzyT 21 May 2023
In reply to wilkie14c:

Likewise the Passport Office. Submitted online Tuesday evening and had the new passport in my hand on Friday.

SouthernSteve 21 May 2023
In reply to wilkie14c:

I agree, we have had excellent service from them, but I think that the only reason this is worth mentioning is that so many other things are poor. People may be appalled at BT oping for AI chat, but frankly it's got to better than their current offering which is do frustrating to use.

OP wilkie14c 21 May 2023
In reply to DizzyT:

seconded, renewed mine a few months back, it was delivered in just over a week

Pedro50 21 May 2023
In reply to wilkie14c:

My photo driving licence was 9 months out of date I noticed. They replaced it without quibble.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...