UKC

Good physio in Sheffield?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TN 19 Jan 2007
Hi

I wonder if anyone can recommend a good physio in Sheffield. It's not for a climbing injury - it's for a neck/muscle problem.
Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

T
OP TN 19 Jan 2007
In reply to TN:

Sorry - S6/S10 would be preferable.

And I know I can google - I have done, and there's a lot of them out there, which is why I am looking for recommendations.

Thanks.
 Dave G 19 Jan 2007
In reply to TN:

Not a direct recommendation for a physio, but try Physiofirst instead of google. A friend of mine who is a physio advised me that this is the best way of ensuring that you get a reliable physio

http://www.physiofirst.org.uk/public/default.asp

bluebrad 19 Jan 2007
In reply to TN:

I use The Clinic on Abbeydale Road - www.919clinic.co.uk - they have sorted me out a couple of times.

bluebrad
In reply to TN:

Hallamshire physio - guy called Matthew. Not the postcode you wanted, but he's a MTB'er, racer, athlete etc. so very keen to get people into shape. He'll also make you work which is great for motivation. They are part of the Westfield (?) scheme so you can reduce costs.
 Fiend 19 Jan 2007
In reply to bluebrad:

Indeed. Ozzy is the man for the job. He's had cider nut near tears a few times with his tender ministrations. I'll bet he can do wonders on you T .
OP TN 19 Jan 2007
In reply to Fiend:
> I'll bet he can do wonders on you T .

But I have NO pain threshold. I'm scared already....

Chris the Tall 19 Jan 2007
In reply to TN:
Liz Jowsey, opposite Tescos on Ecclesall Road
In reply to TN: I can highly recommend:

Sheila Kellett, Bingham Park Crescent
John Ostrovskis, 919Clinic, Abbeydale Rd S7
Emma Deakin, Virgin Active Gym, Broadfield Road S8

Cheers
 bluebrad 19 Jan 2007
In reply to Fiend:
> (In reply to bluebrad)
>
> Indeed. Ozzy is the man for the job. He's had cider nut near tears a few times with his tender ministrations.

John had me bloody close at times as well - it never quite got to that stage but it was so close so many times - still recommend him though.

bluebrad
 Adders 19 Jan 2007
In reply to TN: i got recommended john ostrivs 0114 2501162 from dunc/berie. havent been myself though so can't comment.
 EricpAndrew 19 Jan 2007
In reply to bluebrad: i went for him with finger injuries

he stuck pins in my arm and leg, and "massaged" my back lots! brought a tear to my eye sometimes...

still seemed to do a lot of good in the end
he's cheap too
dinkypen 19 Jan 2007
In reply to TN:

The Virgin gym has a couple of excellent physios and you don't have to be a member to use them. I would recommend Emma above the others.
OP TN 19 Jan 2007
In reply to dinkypen:

I used to go see this big ex-army PT instructor bloke who did fantastic (if a little painful) massages for back/neck problems I had following a car accident - he was great - but the place closed down and I can't find him anywhere now.

I will go through this list later.
Sounds like John O comes highly recommended but getting to that side of town on a weekday is a real nightmare for me - and most of the people/places mentioned are over that way - so I'll see what I can organise.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
 john horscroft 19 Jan 2007
In reply to brt:

Second the recommendation for Hallamshire Physio, but would also suggest either Alison or Steve, both brilliant!

jh
In reply to TN:

John Ostrovskis is the man....

John Kirk 19 Jan 2007
In reply to TN: Ze Nobrega Grad Dip Phys, MCSP,SRP
, S11
tel: 0114 236 1066

She worked on my ageing body for about five years when living in Sheffield. She operates from a home surgery on Ecclesall Rd South, just past Knowle Lane. Good at acupuncture too. Give her my regards if you go and say that I have bought a timeshare in Funchal, Madeira - where she is from originally.
OP TN 22 Jan 2007
In reply to john horscroft & brt:

I've just given Hallamshire Physio a call and have an appointment with Steve on Friday.

Thanks to everyone else for your recommendations - I went with this one purely because it's just a lot easier to get to from where I live.
Nim 22 Jan 2007
In reply to TN: I was going to recommend the Chiropractic clinic next to the Notty House in Broomhill. I go there with my neck (not that I could go there without my neck, but you know what I mean). They are very good. I tend to use chiropractor for neck and back things and physio for limbs

If you want their details - it's the Broomhill Chiropractic Clinic tel 266 6076. I see Claudia, but I suspect they are all very good.
OP TN 29 Jan 2007
In reply to TN:

In case anyone else is looking for a physio in Shefield, I can thoroughly recommend Steve at Hallamshire Physiotherapy.
I went to see him on Friday and since then I have had just 2 (pretty half-assed) episodes of neck pain. (as opposed to regular, frequent 'hurty' pain!)
I am really impressed and feel pretty darned fantastic and positive about this being fixed quickly.
Thanks John for the recommendation.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...