UKC

Insurance - double policies?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 speculoos 14 Jun 2021

Hi, I'm moving to Canada and will need an insurance policy to cover me for approx 6 months until my visa comes through. BMC seemed incredibly expensive for a long-term policy (and Canada wasn't incl on the coverage - have to call for that). Instead, I can get a 'visitors to canada' visa through the Canadian Blue Cross which is very affordable, but climbing/skiing etc is exempt.. 

SO, I was wondering if anyone has ever purchased an additional policy on top of a regular one that covers certain activities, that I could just add on as and when needed ? We'll be doing lots of climbing, and then later, ski mountaineering (though my residency may have come through by then).

Thanks

Jenny C 14 Jun 2021
In reply to speculoos:

Snowcard?

Ridge 14 Jun 2021
In reply to speculoos:

It's fairly normal to do this, but what I'd be very wary of is the insurances companies all pointing at each other and saying "He should be claiming off them, not us"

LastBoyScout 14 Jun 2021
In reply to Ridge:

Had that a couple of years ago when claiming for a damaged camera on the holiday insurance.

First question they asked was "is the item covered on any other policy" - I replied no, because I specifically included personal effects on the travel insurance to avoid such a claim on the house insurance.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...