UKC

nuisance calls

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 paul mitchell 04 Dec 2018

During the last month I have had several nuisance calls.Until today the person has not spoken when I pick up the phone.Today they phoned ,from an office in the Chichester area.The male person said   ''f--- you!''

and then hung up. I am wondering if this is one of the troubled souls on UKC that we call trolls.Who do we know that lives or works in the Chichester area?

Post edited at 10:01
 dread-i 04 Dec 2018
In reply to paul mitchell:

There are several sites like this one. See if they are listed. If not make a new listing. Block the number. Move on with life.

https://www.whocalledme.com/

Andy Johnson 04 Dec 2018

> from an office in the Chichester area

A lot of these calls originate as voip (internet) streams from outside the UK, and connect to the phone system via short-lived gateways that pop-up in different parts of the country.

That's pretty nuts.

That people would actually waste there time doing that .

I could imagine a child /teenager doing something so stupid but an adult ?   

Then again the world is a numbers game .

TWS

hang_about 04 Dec 2018

It was obviously your turn

https://hitchhikers.fandom.com/wiki/Bowerick_Wowbagger

Lusk 04 Dec 2018
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

> That people would actually waste there time doing that .

The World is full of tossers.
They're like rats, you're always within 100 metres of one

Removed User 04 Dec 2018

What was it you said to them first?

wercat 04 Dec 2018

I had a scam call about my nonexistent BT Internet connection terminating that originated from Arran!  You can't trust the apparent origin of some of these calls.

David Barlow 04 Dec 2018

I only pick up calls from people I know. If it's important the unknown person can leave a voicemail.

And callers who withhold their number get rejected automatically.

Post edited at 17:10
 Trangia 04 Dec 2018
In reply to David Barlow:

> And callers who withhold their number get rejected automatically.

That's a bone of contention here because our local NHS withholds it's numbers! I think that's very unwise when ringing people concerning changes to appointments or if they are awaiting surgery etc.

David Barlow 04 Dec 2018

They must get lots of hangups then.

Ridge 04 Dec 2018
In reply to Trangia:

> That's a bone of contention here because our local NHS withholds it's numbers! I think that's very unwise when ringing people concerning changes to appointments or if they are awaiting surgery etc.

The cynic in me thinks that's deliberate. Don't pick up when we called to bring your minor op forward by 24 hours at short notice? That's a no show and to the back of the queue with you, plus we haven't breached our waiting times and have re-set the clock.

McHeath 04 Dec 2018
In reply to wercat:

> I had a scam call about my nonexistent BT Internet connection terminating that originated from Arran! 

As in John? :0

wercat 05 Dec 2018
In reply to McHeath:

I realized that sounded a bit ambiguous! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...