UKC

Pasting URLs from iPhone into posts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bob Kemp 17 Mar 2021

I've been unable to paste URLs into my posts for some weeks now when using my iPhone. I can paste links on my laptop with no problems, and I can post URLs by pasting them into an intermediate notes app and then into UKC. I thought this was just me, but I saw the other day someone else was complaining about this. Has anyone else had this problem?

In reply to Bob Kemp:

Thanks for pointing this out.

It was happening on iOS when you copy the link by using the share sheet (the icon that looks like a square with an arrow coming out of it). Turns out the system was encoding it slightly differently. Have now fixed this, but let me know if any issues still.

Blue Straggler 17 Mar 2021
In reply to Bob Kemp:

I had this issue a few months ago but it seemed to resolve itself and I don’t know how. Possibly an iOS update (I have an iPhone 7) 

Have you tried logging out of UKC, restarting your phone and logging back into to UKC? Not a joke! I seem to have just resolved a different iPhone-only, UKC-only, issue (frequent “hanging”) by doing this 

Post edited at 15:59
OP Bob Kemp 17 Mar 2021
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

Hi Andy, thanks for this quick response.  It  isn’t working for me yet. 

-Bob

OP Bob Kemp 17 Mar 2021
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Thanks. I just tried that but it hasn’t worked. I’ve been having a similar problems with hanging so maybe it’ll help anyway.

I’m an OS upgrade behind- I’ll do that and see if that helps. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...