UKC

Request for UKC Features

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cobra_Head 13 Jul 2020

Any chance we can get the little "flags" on the Crag maps colour coded, to show what type of climbing they represent.

I've spent a long time searching for somewhere near to our base trying to find some trad climbing over 6m!

Obviously UKC is brilliant, but if I'm going to be in an area I don't know, and I'm looking for venues it would be great to be able to see immediately what's around.

Cheers,

Bobby

Anyone else have requests?

Fredt 13 Jul 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

We can 'untick' various forum categories so they don't appear, that's very useful. 

I'd love to see the same feature for photo categories, - I do not want to see endless pictures of people hanging on for dear life 1 foot above a mattress. Likewise indoor wall photos.

SouthernSteve 13 Jul 2020
In reply to Fredt:

You can look at the subject galleries independently if that helps. 

Fredt 13 Jul 2020
In reply to SouthernSteve:

> You can look at the subject galleries independently if that helps. 

Not really, I always go to 'latest photos' first, to see new ones, and every category is there.

SouthernSteve 13 Jul 2020
In reply to Fredt:

That would be better!

Michael Hood 13 Jul 2020
In reply to Fredt:

I get fed up with the countless topo photos that have the lines but can't even be bothered to include the names & grades. Mind you, even worse are the topo photos that don't even have topos; just a label like "completely-crap quarry, left side".

Also, why do some people feel they have to put 10 photos of someone on a route when only 1 of the 10 is any good (and it's obvious the other 9 are rubbish).

Rant over.

FactorXXX 13 Jul 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

> Anyone else have requests?

Random Dislike Revealer 

bouldery bits 13 Jul 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

Ego massager.

OP Cobra_Head 19 Jul 2020
In reply to bouldery bits:

> Ego massager.

What size?

FactorXXX 19 Jul 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

> What size?

With or without lubrication? 

Derry 20 Jul 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

I'd love a multipitch 'tick' feature on the logbooks or maps. I often wander through a crag listing trying to find what might be a decent long route. 

mishabruml 20 Jul 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

add "buttress" as an option to the columns when viewing routes at a crag. meaning you can sort the routes by e.g. grade, ticks and then see at a glance which buttress they are on

Blanche DuBois 21 Jul 2020
In reply to Michael Hood:

> I get fed up with the countless topo photos that have the lines but can't even be bothered to include the names & grades. Mind you, even worse are the topo photos that don't even have topos; just a label like "completely-crap quarry, left side".

> Rant over.

Seems a bit self-entitled.  Just because you're a "supporter" doesn't entitle you to shit over those people who give their time freely to produce this stuff.

Andy Johnson 21 Jul 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

> Anyone else have requests?

Get rid of downvoting but keep upvoting.

Michael Hood 21 Jul 2020
In reply to Blanche DuBois:

> Seems a bit self-entitled.  Just because you're a "supporter" doesn't entitle you to shit over those people who give their time freely to produce this stuff.

WTF are you on about, the "supporter" bit is totally irrelevant.

Also, I'm merely decrying that sometimes it's tedious to see if there are any excellent recent photos when they're hidden amongst loads of topo-type stuff that's not trying to be good quality beyond what's necessary to document somewhere. Solution would be to upload these into separate streams.

I do wonder how many of these topo-type photos actually get used and how many of them just sit there using up UKC storage. It's always struck me as a bit strange that many treat UKC as a free place to keep their own photo-library rather than it being somewhere to showcase worthwhile photos - and yes I do realise that what's worthwhile will depend on who, but really, some of the photos are just complete dross - one of the consequences of the digital age.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...