UKC

Rock climbing jewellery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
AliceW 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:

Why not?
In reply to AliceW:
Have you not seen the vastly icky pictures of what happends when you climb with rings on, ust imagen something like that getting caught.
OP TRNovice 04 Dec 2007
In reply to AliceW:
> (In reply to TRNovice)
>
> Why not?

As sported by Dave McLeod?

CJD 04 Dec 2007
In reply to Little miss no idea:

um... just because it's jewellery with a climbing theme, that doesn't mean you have to wear it whilst climbing...

it's not to my taste, but to each their own.
In reply to CJD:
True but it encourages people to wear them while climbing and the thought if it just makes me cringe.
 jonnie3430 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:

WTFN?

bum (have to write something in lower case cos they won't let me post a message all in capitals)
 CJD 04 Dec 2007
> (In reply to CJD)
> True but it encourages people to wear them while climbing and the thought if it just makes me cringe.

does it? how?
In reply to CJD:
Cus SOME(so dont all kill me at once) people would think ooo its climbing related, so ill wear it while climbing, and show it off to all my climbing buddies.
OP TRNovice 04 Dec 2007
In reply to jonnie3430:

I was going more for What than Why. Why is obvious as people often seem to like stupid things, e.g. climbing on Grit (their choice). Equally I'm allowed to be astounded by the crassness of it (my choice).
 CJD 04 Dec 2007

a more heartless person than myself might suggest that the person whose thinking is so lumpen might deserve everything he/she gets.

My perception of its likely use would be for people in to wear in non-climbing situations to remind people that they're a climber, as if such a statement is some sort of proof of personality.
 The New NickB 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice: Not to my taste at all, but have a look in the Argos, clearly there is a market tacky jewellery. Climbers are not exempt from bad taste.
OP TRNovice 04 Dec 2007
In reply to CJD:
>
> My perception of its likely use would be for people in to wear in non-climbing situations to remind people that they're a climber, as if such a statement is some sort of proof of personality.

So each time I forget that I am a climber, I look down at my midrift, see the mini figurine and remember. Navel-gazing of the worst sort surely?

CJD 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:

lol, e'zackly. Or, say, in a dinner party, someone could notice someone else's climbing-related pendant and say 'oh wow, you're a climber, you're so brave, I could *never* do that' (etc).

NickB's point about Argos is a good one though...
OP TRNovice 04 Dec 2007
In reply to CJD:

Is it just me, or does the piece of jewellry illustrated on the model look like they are climbing a roof?
OP TRNovice 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:

I take it all back, these are ace: -

http://www.rockclimbingjewelry.com/htdoc/bolt_hanger_carabiner_pulley.htm

Any recommendations where I could get my ears pierced?
OP TRNovice 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:

And I reckon that Rockfax should sponsor as special edition of the following: -

http://www.rockclimbingjewelry.com/htdoc/topo_dangle_earrings.htm
soveda@work 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:
I saw somebody a while back wearing a DMM Walnut with a leather strap threaded through it. I quite liked that as climbing related jewellery.
 climbingpixie 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:

Actually <looks around furtively to see who's listening> I quite like the silver krab, I think it's be a pretty cool belly ring.

<hangs head in shame and scuttles off to Argos for some Elizabeth Duke bling>
 rock waif 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice: I like the helicopter earrings myself. All part of climbing a trip in a helicopter, eh.
 Ava Adore 04 Dec 2007
In reply to climbingpixie:
> (In reply to TRNovice)
>
> Actually <looks around furtively to see who's listening> I quite like the silver krab, I think it's be a pretty cool belly ring.
>
> <

*psssst* So do I...

OP TRNovice 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:

I think the wallnut on a thread sounds much more climbing cred .
OP TRNovice 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:

How about a Rockcentric #9 on a neck-chain as a really cool item of bling? Of course you might get mistaken for an alpine cow.
 owlart 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice: Whilst not being particularly into jewelery myself, I think they're quite good all the same. Now what I'd like is a climbing related tie and/or tie-pin.

I've seen Alpkit do a keyring which is a miniature rack complete with krab, belay device, rocks etc., which I'm tempted by, but can't justify paying for right now!
OP TRNovice 04 Dec 2007
In reply to owlart:

Not a tie pin, but maybe this is up your street?

http://www.rockclimbingjewelry.com/htdoc/bolt_hanger_tie_tac.htm

I feel like I've been co-opted by rockclimbingjewellry.com's marketing department!
OP TRNovice 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:

BTW you will be happy to note that it comes with a "functioning carabiner" - not sure how many kN it takes though...
 Nevis-the-cat 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:

Why not.

I use a mallion as a cock ring.
 owlart 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice: That looks quite good, and could probably be adapted to make a tie pin (I've bought all sorts of things and stuck a pin on the back to make my own tie-pins beofre - like to co-ordinate my tie and tie-pin!). Bit on the expensive side though. Wondor if they have anything *trad* instead of *sport* related Definitely worth a browse of the site from home tonight I think!

PS. You on commission yet?
 owlart 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:
> (In reply to TRNovice)
>
> BTW you will be happy to note that it comes with a "functioning carabiner" - not sure how many kN it takes though...

and I suppose I could always use my tie as a sling too
OP TRNovice 04 Dec 2007
In reply to Nevis-the-cat:
> (In reply to TRNovice)
>
> I use a mallion as a cock ring.

I didn't realise they made them that small...
OP TRNovice 04 Dec 2007
In reply to owlart:
> (In reply to TRNovice)
>
> PS. You on commission yet?

I'm sure the cheque is in the post

Flatlander 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:

Looking for christmas ideas are we or are you droping hints?
OP TRNovice 04 Dec 2007
In reply to Flatlander:

I was really hoping for a belly button ring with a female climber on it, failing that any of the earrings are lovely...
 Flatlander 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:

Might get one for my nipple
 CarolineMc 04 Dec 2007
In reply to soveda@work:

> I saw somebody a while back wearing a DMM Walnut with a leather strap threaded through it. I quite liked that as climbing related jewellery.

Na-hah! I have one of those. Made it myself. I wonder if it was me you saw, or someone else has been fighting with the wire cutters too... C-:
 catt 04 Dec 2007
In reply to Flatlander:
> (In reply to Flatlander)
>
> I'd have these
>
> http://www.rockclimbingjewelry.com/htdoc/ice_ax_cufflinks_crossed.htm

They are so you!

Jus 04 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:

climbing jewellery has been round for many years, nothing new like
OP TRNovice 04 Dec 2007
In reply to Flatlander:
> (In reply to TRNovice)
>
> Might get one for my nipple

You just have one nipple? Is that common in Canada?
soveda@work 05 Dec 2007
In reply to CarolineMc:
> (In reply to soveda@work)
>
> [...]
>
> Na-hah! I have one of those. Made it myself. I wonder if it was me you saw, or someone else has been fighting with the wire cutters too... C-:

Not unless you are very butch, this was a bloke. I asked him and he said it was a present. I'm tempted to make myself one from a number 6 wallnut as i seem to place it the most. A
hornj 13 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:
I was looking at my web page stats and found all the hits from this thread so I had to check it out.
I would like to clear up a few things. We are a small family owned business and we do not ever advacate climbing with jewelry of any kind. This is plain dangerous.

As far as the jewelry is concerned I am a climber and a jeweler. The Jewelry is for fun only. It started years ago when we were talking with fellow members of our mountain rescue team and one of the members asked if we made climbing related jewelry. We didn't but my brother made a pair of carabiner earrings and it has been growing ever since.
We are not getting rich but it helps get enough money to get out on the rocks once in a while.

My brother that does all our web designing got a big laugh about the comments about our marketed department. I am sure he would like to be the head of a big corporate department.

Thanks for the comments and we appreciate the feedback.

Joel,
partner rockclimbingjewelry.
OP TRNovice 14 Dec 2007
In reply to hornj:

So where is my commission check then?
 slacky 14 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:

Its available when you've correctly spelt 'cheque'
OP TRNovice 14 Dec 2007
In reply to slacky:

They are a US company *sigh*

And it's "it's" not "its" BTW :-p
hornj 15 Dec 2007
In reply to TRNovice:
I wish I was making enough money to send you a cheque for bringing all the hits to my site.

BTW we do ship to the UK. Climbers from the UK were in fact the ones that got us making the cufflink series.
OP TRNovice 15 Dec 2007
In reply to hornj:
>
> BTW we do ship to the UK. Climbers from the UK were in fact the ones that got us making the cufflink series.

That's right, blame the Brits for everything

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...