UKC

Step away from the B(l)each

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 freeflyer 29 Apr 2020

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52471208

Facepalm by the Spanish authorities as local council kills off the wildlife. But this just shows the level of ignorance and fear in our communities. There is little difference between this and the capitalised stay off my land messages, the closed car parks, the stay out of my village signs.

What chance do we have of promoting an exit from lockdown based on fact and evidence?

My take is that communications at the local level is the way forward. Small tourist-economy communities should take charge of the situation, and set some simple rules, just like the shops.

Dave B 30 Apr 2020
In reply to freeflyer:

I find that very sad. Would the virus really be sitting around sunbathing (probably naked, the disgusting animals) just waiting for unsuspecting kids to sit down?

I find it a bit odd that purple are calling for the streets to be cleaned with disinfectant in the UK, like they do abroad. Is there any valid reason to? 

Unless people are licking the street shortly after cleaning, I can't see the benefit.

Anyone enlighten me? 

girlymonkey 30 Apr 2020
In reply to Dave B:

Because people are scared and think everywhere except their little bubble at home is going to kill them. It's not a rational response, it's a fear one. Just like people wearing gloves to shops etc

cap'nChino 30 Apr 2020
In reply to freeflyer:

This doesn't seem like a spur of the moment action.

Someone came up with the idea, made the decision, planned it, bought the bleach, filled up the tank with the bleach, signed the appropriate paperwork required, and then did the deed.

It horrifying that institutions can be this stupid, ignorant, and criminal.  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...