UKC

Sycamore

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 28 Sep 2023

I just liked the symmetry 

Post edited at 12:03

Michael Hood 28 Sep 2023
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

That's not symmetry, that's a progression.

But yes, it must have been very satisfying to see, unfortunately gone now and little chance of occuring again.

In reply to Michael Hood:

You’re correct. Anything to keep me amused - jolted my back this morning, triggering my old and painful recurring injury. 

> That's not symmetry, that's a progression.

> But yes, it must have been very satisfying to see, unfortunately gone now and little chance of occuring again.

Thanks !!

Post edited at 15:58

broken spectre 28 Sep 2023

Not the kind of injury synonymous with the felling of a tree, one assumes 😬😬

Slackboot 29 Sep 2023

Just out of interest and while talking about injuries. 

My wife broke her leg at Sycamore Gap when she slipped on the path. There were two helicopters and an ambulance involved in her rescue.

The Ambulance carrying paramedics arrived first, couldn't get her out and sent for a helicopter. A Police helicopter landed but couldn't effect a rescue as it had no winch and so he sent for a big Sea King from Boulmer. They of course were brilliant and she was winched into the hovering helicopter and whisked off to hospital in Newcastle.

All a long time ago but I still remember how fantastic everyone was during the rescue. 

All of this with the iconic Sycamore silently watching.

Duncan Bourne 29 Sep 2023

symetry again? On the thread list

hang_about 29 Sep 2023

It's symmetrical if you do a log normal transform. Which is rather unfortunate given current events... 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...