UKC

UPS scumbags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Toby_W 25 Sep 2021

Ordered a small van table off eBay.  Seller sent with insurance via UPS.  Delivered and their guy shoots back to his van and I find the package a little torn and damaged with bits sticking out.  Photographed this.  Opened it and it must have been dropped hard, corner broken off, plastic panels popped off.  So contacted seller, UPS say they need to inspect it, but don’t need to take it away but tell me they do when they come.  I repack it with extra bubble wrap pipe lagging thicker wrapping.  They’ve just sent pictures to the seller and it’s wrecked.  Another corner broken off, other parts broken, scratched and they’re saying it could not possibly have happened with them.  We have plenty of photos at each stage of the journey showing this to be a lie.

I just think they are scumbags.  How hard will they need pushing to pay up? I’ve told the seller to say he’s going straight to the small claims court.

I’m so angry they behave this way.

Cheers

Toby

SouthernSteve 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Toby_W:

I feel your pain. Getting a delivery on time and in good order seems really difficult, but I suspect we pay far too little for our endless streams of deliveries as most companies seem as bad as each other. I expect the staff are somewhat abused, undervalued and likely underpaid. The shopping delivery companies have had no trouble getting drivers for their more organised, timely and welcome deliveries. Where we live we have had good experience with DHL and Yodal, some poor experiences with UPS (have you seen their 70 page contract if you want an account with them) and I would shop elsewhere if I thought Parcel Force were going to be used as they never manage to deliver when they say they will wasting days of waiting in on occasions.

Complaining has, in my recent experience, just amplified my annoyance. We need a delivery ombudsmen!

Post edited at 13:19
 robert-hutton 25 Sep 2021
In reply to SouthernSteve:

My experiences are mostly positive and the old boy who delivers for Hermes is superb, he's got a car full of parcel's I do hope he is getting well paid for the number of hours he's doing.

In reply to Toby_W:

Watch this pearler. I started a new job recently and this is the delivery driver caught on my gable end camera whilst delivering my new high spec business laptop. There's a gate to the left he could have opened and placed it gently under the porch which he didn't even try, rather dropping it from 6ft. Fortunately it wasn't damaged.

https://ring.com/share/72ae3496-8a50-43b5-833b-088fd029bcca

Post edited at 13:57
OP Toby_W 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Toby_W:

Just want to add as some people have mentioned, DPD have always been fantastic as have Hermes and Yodal along with our wonderful postie.

UPS seem to come bottom in terms of number of parcels damaged and customer service.  I think it no wonder based on their lying and evasion in this case.

Cheers

Toby

OP Toby_W 25 Sep 2021
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

That’s a cracking bit of video, glad it was not damaged!

Cheers

Toby

r0b 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Toby_W:

Easy to blame the van drivers but it's just as much the ridiculous schedules they're expected to meet

Dax H 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Toby_W:

We have had more arguments than you would believe about deliveries. 2 main problems, either didn't arrive but apparently we signed for it or thrown over the fence and damaged but again we signed for it.

In the case of the first one I ask for the date and time to check our cctv,. In the case of the second I ask for an email address to send them the cctv footage.

As soon as cctv is mentioned they always offer an instant refund. 

OP Toby_W 25 Sep 2021
In reply to r0b:

I wholeheartedly agree we all make mistakes and I feel bad my original post may have come across that way, I’m angry with the company behaviour, the lying about the damage and the evasion.  The seller took out insurance with them and checked the packaging with them.  I’m really, really honest and their response has quite shocked me.  I expect insurance companies to try and avoid paying much and delivery companies but there is a line.

Cheers

Toby

nufkin 25 Sep 2021
In reply to robert-hutton:

>  I do hope he is getting well paid for the number of hours he's doing.

I suspect we can all guess the answer to that...

r0b 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Toby_W:

Sorry was replying to the thread in general not your post specifically, which sounds a right ball ache and something I always worry about when I'm sending off eBay sales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...