UKC

Forthcoming guidbook to Lewis, Pabbay etc?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kevin stephens 13 Jun 2017
I've heard a new guide to the Hebrides has long been under way, can anybody give an update on when/if it may appear? There's clearly masses of as yet undocumented rock - I understand many of thenew routes will be in the SMC journal downloads but a guidebook would be nice
 Michael Gordon 14 Jun 2017
In reply to kevin stephens:

If you're planning a trip then the 2nd Gary Latter guide is probably you're best bet for now.
 Grahame N 14 Jun 2017
In reply to kevin stephens:
My best guess is that the new SMC guide to the Outer Hebrides will be published early next year, but no promises!
I know that most of the text has been written but the photo topos and maps are taking a long time.

I've got the job of collecting action photos for the guide (thanks to those that have sent in pics already) so if anyone has any good colourful photos please send them in. Details here http://www.smc.org.uk/photos
 spenser 14 Jun 2017
In reply to Grahame N:

The CC had a meet on Lewis last week, I've not really looked at the photos yet but there's probably a few good ones in there, I'll point the meet leader in your direction.
In reply to Michael Gordon:

Thanks Michael. I've just got back from Lewis using the Gary Latter guide. There's clearly a lot more to go at!
In reply to Grahame N:

I've emailed a few pics

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...