UKC

Langdale link up. Middlefell, Pike o Stickle etc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kid Spatula 15 May 2018

Just checking the feasibility of this, I assume it's possible.

Middlefell Buttress, to Pike o Stickle Main Face, to a Harrison Stickle Scramble and back to Langdale.

Is this feasible? Presumably you meet the Gimmer path and then contour round to Pike o Stickle?

In reply to Kid Spatula:

Completely feasible. But probably more satisfying (because P o S is a trudge off to one side) to just carry straight on from MB and scramble up summit of HS. I remember the better of two routes on latter made quite a long diagonal traverse to the right before heading directly for the summit.

petegunn 15 May 2018
In reply to Kid Spatula:

From the top of Middlefell Buttress and Curtain Wall you can pick up the path to Gimmer Crag and continue to contour the hillside beneath Gimmer to the base of Pike o Stickle (You could possibly add South East Gully on Gimmer, grade I, for some extra scrambling if wished).

I would probably then head over to the top of Pavey rather than Harrison and descend Jack's Rake as not to lose too much height.

In reply to Kid Spatula:

I have emailed you with information about route cards from the Arcteryx Lakes Revivals which cover Langdale enchainments (link ups)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...