UKC

learn how to climb

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Wookie 05 Apr 2002
I found this mildly amusing, perhaps I've just got a case of fridayhead.

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/sport/insider/climb/index.html
Vlad 05 Apr 2002
In reply to Wookie: I like the sureal way the rock moves...
Michelle 05 Apr 2002
In reply to Wookie:

Oh dear! is all I have to say
OP Internationale 05 Apr 2002
In reply to Wookie:
ah, I remember it well. My first ever lead, dynoing for a sloping edge. That was on the first pitch. By the second pitch I was moving on to intermediate skills, like mono-doigts, La Rose moves and big roofs.
mrtn 05 Apr 2002
In reply to Vlad:

More worrying: "Build up mentally and physically for the jump....The kite should then flop forward and start spinning. Push your right hand forward to meet the left as it does."

The mind boggles...
Jungle 05 Apr 2002
In reply to Wookie: Trust you to find that! I can just see loads of Men's Health readers being admitted to A&E after trying to dyno up the first rock they can by. "Oh hold on love just want to try this thing I saw on Men's Health.... Ok watch this, slap, slip CRUNCH!!!!"
H 05 Apr 2002
In reply to Wookie:

good old Mens Health - you can rely on them for quality training info. My favorite was "How to develop 18inch biceps in the comfort of your living room using a large tin of beans and a Kays catalogue, all in 3weeks" - works every time!
 MJH 05 Apr 2002
In reply to mrtn: where the hell does the kite come into it????
mrtn 05 Apr 2002
In reply to MJH:
> (In reply to mrtn) where the hell does the kite come into it????

It's true! When the animation launches, read the text below - 2nd para below the heading "READY, SET..."

mrtn
 anonymouse 05 Apr 2002
In reply to Wookie:
Interesting. I think when you make the lunge you should also shout "For Queen and Country"

No less interesting are the articles entitled, "turn on your skis" and "tossing a frisbee" Inanimate objects need love too, people.
Wookie 05 Apr 2002
In reply to anonymouse:

> No less interesting are the articles entitled, "turn on your skis" and "tossing a frisbee" Inanimate objects need love too, people.

he he, now that is funny

Andrew McLellan 05 Apr 2002
In reply to Wookie: Why doesn't he just reach for it statically?
O Mighty Tim 05 Apr 2002
In reply to Andrew McLellan: Because he's a boulderer....
Get more than 25 feet up, and they panic!

Tim, the Grey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...