UKC

Open project at Minera Quarry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Minera Quarry

Dose anyone have any info on the open project to the right of 'The Calch' at Minera Quarry?

Is the line bolted? By whom? Has it been sent? Etc. I'm planning to go check it out soon but Im after any info I can get hold of

Thanks
Andrew
 Ben Farley 15 Feb 2017
In reply to AndrewRoberts89:

I asked someone the same question recently and got the reply that it was bolted by Lee Proctor (no great surprise there) and that he had not managed it prior to giving up climbing and concentrating on road biking again. So it's an open project and indeed I plan to have a go if and when I ever pass that way.
 Ally Smith 20 Feb 2017

Hi there - I chatted with another local about this project over the weekend.

Apparently there is a loose hold that needs gluing.

He also said it's dirtily thin, sharp & cruxy; perfect for BenF is his problem Silence of the Trams (f7B) is anything to go by!?

7c+ has been mooted
 Andy Farnell 20 Feb 2017
In reply to Ally Smith:

> Hi there - I chatted with another local about this project over the weekend.Apparently there is a loose hold that needs gluing.He also said it's dirtily thin, sharp & cruxy; perfectly like BenF 7c+ has been mooted

Andy F

xyz 20 Feb 2017
Hi Andrew

Yes I bolted it a few years back and spent a bit of time playing on it - there were a couple of moves I couldn't do but my friend Alex managed to do all the moves in isolation on a top rope and from memory it's very thin, reachy and quite dynamic. there was a slightly hollow flake lower down that I guess might have become looser over the last couple of years but the quality and friction of the rock higher up is exceptional.

I was going to call it "Anthropocene" which is a nice name but I'll never do it now as I've basically stopped climbing!!

Give it a go by all means, the wall takes very little drainage and so it stays dry and it catches the sun almost all day so Winter/Spring is probably the best time to get on it. Me and Alex thought 7c+/8a was a reasonable guess at the grade.

There is probably room for a couple more routes to the right and I also know of a few other good project gems that I've had up my sleeve and dabbled with in the Clwyd area if anyone is interested in some higher grade projects?

Good luck

Lee
Post edited at 18:38
 Ben Farley 20 Feb 2017
In reply to xyz:

Thanks for the info and the bolting Lee. Reckon I will have a look at some point. Hope you're doing well Lee.
 Ed Booth 20 Feb 2017
In reply to xyz:
Hey Lee. Hope you are well and enjoying the biking .
What are the other projects you mentioned ?
Thanks Ed
 Tyler 20 Feb 2017
In reply to xyz:

Hey Lee, keep those projects up your sleeve for now, you may return. It'd be great if you did
In reply to xyz:

Cheers man
I went to check it out yesterday but got rained off... Again
Really looking forward to working it!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...