UKC

Right wing connections, Ban-y-gor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Nelson Mandela Right Wing Connections (7c)

Where does this go at the end?
I can see two options:
i) grab the big sloping shelf on the right, about 6ft directly below the lower off, which I think is on Duhkha. (But I think the book has the line for Duhka in the wrong place, so maybe that is Blabba Mouth... Can anyone set me right on that?)
ii) go straight up the groove to a little hold that's sort of blocked by a bolt, and do some magic on terrible crimps but still use the sidepull that's almost part of the big shelf

i) seems far too easy. ii) is way harder than the crux of Nelson Mandela, which is a boulder problem and gets a harder grade.
If it's i) then the line in the book for Duhkha is definitely in the wrong place and there would seem to be a superfluous bolt.
If it's ii) and the book is right, what's the line of bolts straight up the face past the big shelf and finger-trapping vertical slot?

Anyone know what's allowed? Am I eliminating too much or just being crap?

richardr 04 Aug 2020
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Blabba mouth and Duhkha share the same lower off and both use that shelf.

Blabba mouth uses the left end to reach for the crimp by the bolt for your left hand, up to square cut side pull for right hand. It's also the finish for Right Wing Connections as far as we understood it last year. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...