UKC

Dorset/Portland Guide update??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pauls911 27 Mar 2019

Hi Rockfax, any news on a physical guidebook update for the Dorset/Portland area?

Cheers, Paul

In reply to pauls911:

Hi Paul

The new edition is scheduled for late 2021. Mark is off down there this year to start the work again. We will be doing new crag shots and a major update even though the number of new routes isn't what it used to be.

Alan

In reply to pauls911:

Hi Paul

As Alan has mentioned I am starting on the new edition. However this may prove to be useful?

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?id=3151

Mark

OP pauls911 28 Mar 2019
In reply to Mark Glaister - Assistant Editor:

Hi Alan / Mark and thanks to both for your replies. The link will certainly help.

Please excuse my App ignorance, but do these new routes also appear in the App as they do in the UKC route listings for an area, or is the App a snapshot of the routes as at 2012 publication (obviously with the App bells and whistles).

Thanks, Paul

In reply to pauls911:

> Please excuse my App ignorance, but do these new routes also appear in the App as they do in the UKC route listings for an area, or is the App a snapshot of the routes as at 2012 publication (obviously with the App bells and whistles).

The app version is currently a snapshot of the 2012 guide. Adding routes to UKC is pretty easy, but app info needs photos and topos so is more work.

We do hope to keep the app more up to date in future and moving to the subscription system as we are doing in the next month or so will be a big help in that. 

It remains to be seen how effective we can be at this though since maintaining fully up-to-date coverage for 25 to 30 guidebooks is probably a full-time job in itself. There are areas where it will be easier and other areas where it is less significant, so it will most likely vary from area to area.

Alan

OP pauls911 28 Mar 2019
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Thanks for the info Alan!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...