UKC

How do ticklists work?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Emile.swain 03 Sep 2023

Tried to search for help on how ticklists work but came up short. 

basically my ticklist for classic rock says I’ve done 2 climbs, but also shows 7 climbs with a mix of green and blue ticks. 

so what counts as a climb for a tick list? 

i,e do I have to lead the whole climb for it to be considered done? This would seem ridiculous if you alt/swing lead multi pitches. 

so yeah? What’s considered a completed climb? 

In reply to Emile.swain:

Any route you follow or top rope will appear blue. These don't count towards the percentage of a ticklist you've ticked. 

For that, you need to lead the route, and also not dog it or dnf it. 

There might be some small nuance I've forgotten but that's the gist of it. 

In reply to Emile.swain:

I've just come across this page, which has the colour coding in it:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/help.php#style

Andy Moles 04 Sep 2023
In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

There's always been an inconsistency there actually.

The percentage ticked shows higher if I view the page with all my subscribed ticklists, or the bit down the right side of my profile page, than on the ticklist page itself - i.e. on some pages any style is counted, on others it's leads or solos only.

Personally I would have it show the higher percentage everywhere - rather than be prescriptive about what 'counts' in style. Some people may be happy regarding a route as 'ticked' if they have top roped it, and for those who aren't they can easily tell by the different colour.

Andy Moles 04 Sep 2023
In reply to Andy Moles:

Not sure if I explained that very well - to give an example, if I look at my own profile page, at the bottom of the right hand column I can see my ticklists. One of them says 53%, and if I view all my ticklists, it also says 53%. But if I click on that particular ticklist, it says 47% - the difference being that some of the routes I've only toproped or seconded.

OP Emile.swain 04 Sep 2023
In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

thanks for the link, 

And thanks everyone else for the pointers.

I guess I thought I’d lead some climbs i only seconded. So that make sense. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...