UKC

Information icon button missing from topos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 heyJeromey 02 Oct 2023

Hi, on Rockfax the large white Information icon button is missing from the top right corner of the topo pictures on my phone.

It's on my partners phone but completely missing on mine.

The information icon button makes it very easy to get the gps coordinates for specific topos and so it would be great to have it available also on my phone.

I've uninstalled Rockfax, restarted phone and reinstalled Rockfax without luck.

Please see attached photos of 'working' and 'not working' screenshots

(just to note that pressing the small black 'i' lower down next to the crag name does not take you to the same place as the much more useful large white icon button)

Any ideas on how to get it back and working please?

My phone Rockfax icon not working:
Huawei P20 Pro
Andriod 

Partners phone icon working:
Google Pixel 6
Andriod

Many thanks

Post edited at 12:03

In reply to heyJeromey:

Hi there,

Sorry about the confusion. We've just released an update that changes how a few different views are accessed. This includes the buttress information, route information etc

You can now access this information using the route list by clicking on the buttress header (the "i" is meant to indicate you can select it). It looks like possibly the coordinates for the buttress are missing from this view though. I'll talk to the team about that.

You may have noticed but you should now have access to the geo located offline maps, so you should be able to see where you are on the offline maps in relation to the buttress you are trying to get to.

Access information will be displayed in the top right now if there are known access issues at the time of publication (we intend to eventually update this with a more up to date system). This promotes access information to be more visible and hopefully makes people more aware of any known issues.

This update was a phased rollout, so you must have recieved an update before your partner.

Hope this solves your problems.

Cheers,
Martin

OP heyJeromey 02 Oct 2023
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

Hi, many thanks for the fast response

yes, I see that pressing the 'buttress header' gives info, but as you say doesn't allow 'copy coordinates to clipboard', or 'open in google maps'

(please see attached screenshots from mine and my climbing partners phones)

The ability to:
'copy coordinates to clipboard'
Along with
'open in google maps'
Are superbly useful and I look forward to seeing both these two features return!

OP heyJeromey 02 Oct 2023

Just out of interest

I've been looking around the app and I found that if I scroll the screen up, and then back down, the Info Icon Button suddenly appears, in blue this time. But absolutely nothing happens when you tap it

(screenshot of new blue but unresponsive Info Icon Button attached)

I don't suppose there is there a way I can know when this issue has been resolved is there? 
Many thanks

In reply to heyJeromey:

Thanks for the detailed info. That sounds like a bug. I'll dive in later and check out what's going on there. Sounds like it's probably something that should be easy to fix.

I'll report back when I've got more information.

Cheers,
Martin

Post edited at 17:33

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...