UKC

Problem logging ascents in Rockfax App

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Guitarist 03 May 2023

Is anybody else having problems logging ascents via the app? When I click the tick to log an ascent of a route, it just puts me back at the crag homepage.....

In reply to Tom Guitarist:

Hi Tom,

I'm very sorry you've had issues. I've had a look at the crash reporting and I've got a few questions for you that might help me get to the bottom of this.

FIrstly, what route at what crag are you trying to log?
Do you know if you have recently updated that crag within the app?
Are you able to successfully log other routes within the app aside from this?

We are aware of an issue that some users are experiencing whereby the crag data becomes corrupted after updating a crag. It took quite a while for us to determine what was going on, but this should now be resolved in version 2 of the app that is currently on test.

I think there are other smaller issues within the ascent logging system, and this is something I will be looking at over the next few weeks.

My only work around is to log the ascent via UKC currently. If you were also interested in testing v2 I'd greatly appreciate it, as if you hit issues logging the same route on there, it will help me narrow down the problem. If this is something you'd consider, please get in contact with me (martin@ukclimbing.com) and I'll get you sorted.

Regards,
Martin

OP Tom Guitarist 04 May 2023

Hi Martin,

I'm trying to add a couple of routes that I climbed on Little Tryfan a few weeks ago. I believe that I had to update that crag before climbing.

Interestingly, I could add ascents to routes that I'd previously climbed (the stuff at Windgather that I added last night)

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for that feedback.

Interesting. So you had updated that crag and had experienced issues adding ascents to your logbook? Windgather, you had downloaded last night for the first time and could add ascents to without issue?

Can you confirm if I have that right?

If that is the case, I think v2 of the app should sort your issues out. If you would like to test you can email me at martin@ukclimbing.com, or you can log via UKC and wait until v2 is rolled out to everyone.

Regards,

Martin

OP Tom Guitarist 04 May 2023

Hi,

No.....I've climbed at Windgather multiple times. Last night I could add ascents to routes that I'd previously climbed (repeats)

At Tryfan a few weeks ago, I had to redownload the crag before climbing (I'm assuming there'd been an update since I last climbed there) But I've only been able to add the ascents there via UKC rather than the app.

I'll drop you an email re V2.

Tom

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...