UKC

Rockfax peak limestone crashes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 robert-hutton 30 Jun 2022

Noticed that both upper and lower Chee Dale required an update in the app, updated both and when i click on route information it still crashes!

TobyA 30 Jun 2022
In reply to robert-hutton:

I've just tried up dating those two now - my app is doing the the eternal download wheel of doom. I guess I will have to force the app to close and see what happens when I reopen. I use the app loads, but there are definitely lots of ongoing bugs with the update functions, at least on my two year old mid-price Android phone.

Hi Robert,

Is this happening when you download the crag, it just won't launch full stop? Are you navigating to it from the installed crags list? I can't reporoduce the issue but I'll check the crash for crash reports and see if I can narrow down what's going on. The only thing I can suggest is possibly uninstalling and reinstalling either the crag or worst case, the app. 

Sorry you're still facing this issue Toby. The update function on Android has been a nightmare. I am currently rewriting much of this and that should sort out the stability of the app around this.

Regards,
Martin

OP robert-hutton 30 Jun 2022
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

No downloaded the crags ages ago and both chee dales crags have always crashed the app, others ok, i noticed that it had an update yesterday so updated and it still crashes.I

I sent two crash reports for upper and lower chee dale hope it helps.

Post edited at 12:06
 TobyA 30 Jun 2022
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

Hi Martin, I'm at work so had to go and do some thing, forgot about it and now I've just checked again, ultimately the update seems to have worked! It must have been downloading those two crags for ages, but they are both there now and seem to be working.

Oddly, whatever it was in the Peak Limestone "book" that was causing a problem and stopping me logging routes through the app while I'm out and about has resolved itself and that now works fine. BUT unfortunately, since I updated Eastern Grit, I can't log climbs at least on Stanage Popular - you click to tick a route and it returns you to the entry page for that cliff. Other cliffs in Eastern Grit are working though oddly.

OP robert-hutton 15 Jul 2022

Lots of updates this morning, development or crag updates?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...