UKC

Ukc routes no show on Rockfax

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NomadET 06 Feb 2022

The ukc crags on my rockfax app come up with no info and after clicking on ‘more info’ it says contacting server and does nothing more.

anyone else have this issue ? 

In reply to NomadET:

I noticed some timeouts happening the past few days that we'll be looking into but it all seems to be working for me at the moment. 

Can you tell me exactly where you're encountering this so I can make sure I'm trying the same thing?

OP NomadET 06 Feb 2022
In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

On the map, after clicking any of the ukc crags ( I’ve tried a few) there doesn't seem to be any info and then after clicking show routes contacting server comes up 

In reply to NomadET:

Not sure why that would be working for me and not you. Can you send a support request from inside the app so I can check your logs tomorrow?

Settings tab -> help -> email us

OP NomadET 08 Feb 2022

Any news on this Stephen ? 

In reply to NomadET:

Yes I've figured it out. It's multiple bugs in the app.

For whatever reason, random network issues perhaps, the app failed to authorise your account with the server. (bug 1 - it should retry this)

It turns out that if you're not signed in to the app you don't get to access the ukc crag data (bug 2).

Finally, (bug 3), it fails to give you a reason for not fetching any data.

The reason I couldn't recreate the issue was because I was signed in fine.

You will most likely be able to 'fix' the issue by killing and relaunching the app, or by signing out and signing back in.

Post edited at 12:22
OP NomadET 08 Feb 2022

Okay.. I’ve signed out and in... its now showing routes I’ve ticked in my logbook but nothing else 

In reply to NomadET:

Did you try restarting?

OP NomadET 08 Feb 2022

Logged out, deleted app, re-installed, logged in and no change 

Post edited at 18:04
 bobbyspangles 08 Feb 2022
In reply to NomadET:

Aye, the app isn't working for me. Won't download crags and won't show main pics when scrolling through crags. Annoying 🙄

In reply to bobbyspangles:

bobby - It appears you don't have a subscription, so I'm guessing this is why you can't download crags. If you go to https://rockfax.digital you can sign up using your UKC account. The thumbnail issue is something we're aware of and will release a fix for.

Nomad - I was working with Stephen last night and we have noticed that the app is indeed having issues fetching UKC routes. We know what the cause of this is now and will look into fixing that asap.

Cheers,
Martin 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...