UKC

Updates and app opening random crags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nik 19 Aug 2021

I've got an issue using the app on Android - keep getting that crags have a green update symbol next to them, but when I try and update it just doesn't seem to work - just shows a white progress wheel around the green symbol.

If I click on any of these crags it takes me to a totally random one, for example, clicked on Cadair Idris and opened Battleship.

I've tried completed re-installing the app having wiped all data, any ideas?

Thanks

Nik

robert-hutton 19 Aug 2021
In reply to Nik:

Strange, I have never had a green symbol, I need to delete and then update.

Ben Farley 19 Aug 2021
In reply to Nik:

I get this, but just have to close the app after doing the update and reopen it. So firstly I update the crag, leave it a few minutes to finish downloading and then close the app and reopen it. Always been fine after that.

TobyA 19 Aug 2021
In reply to Nik:

Yep, I've seen very similar. There seems to be bugs in certain crags in certain 'books', I can't log climbs on (IIRC) any Peak Limestone crags, trying to either crashes the app or crashes the crag. But Gritstone East works fine. I'm having the same issue with the Lakes 'book' crags now too. They had the green update button also, but managed to get rid of that downloading all the crags, but still have the bug that won't let you log the climbs.

remus Global Crag Moderator 19 Aug 2021
In reply to Nik:

> If I click on any of these crags it takes me to a totally random one, for example, clicked on Cadair Idris and opened Battleship.

I emailed rockfax about this a week or so ago and the bug has been fixed in the upcoming version. They said the release has been delayed a little because they've had to fix some unrelated issues with libraries they were using that have been depreciated.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...