UKC

Best climbs around Annecy?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cameronr11 12 Apr 2018

I'm lucky enough to have to stay in Annecy for a while over summer in order to do a bit of research for my degree. My supervisor has kindly agreed to let me take my climbing gear with me, so I am wondering what are the most worthwhile routes to get on. I've bought the local guide (https://www.escalade-74.com/topos/topo_49falaises.htm) which is pretty good but is (as you'd expect) in French so I would need to go through and translate each route individually as my French isn't great. It also doesn't give any stars so is quite hard to determine what may be good at a glance.. 

Grade-wise I'd be keen on anything up to 7a(+), with  Le Biclop being the most local crag to where I'm staying.

Cheers

Cameron

walts4 12 Apr 2018
 Grahame N 12 Apr 2018
In reply to cameronr11:

I had a weeks holiday near Annecy in October 2016 and used that guidebook. We visited a different crag each day and we thought Ablon was the best  Ablon    Superb crag (over a km long) in a very beautiful location. Only downside is that it has quite a long walk in - 45mins if you find the quickest track (we got lost). A bike would be useful.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...