UKC

Bosigran - Lower Raven Wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 15 Sep 2021

Lower Raven Wall is the short wall everyone walks past, en route to the Lower (Black Slab) Crag, or the grassy Kafoozalem bay.

On a recent trip to Cornwall we decided to pause, for once, and see if this wall really deserved the cursory write-up afforded it in the latest CC North Coast guidebook. What we discovered was a whole host of 'little gems', several of which can be enjoyed on a short day, or when the weather is looking dodgy. We had to consult the UKC Logbooks to find some of the descriptions, and we particularly enjoyed Brian Mullan's routes, with Yo-yo Ma being an immaculate little E2 (and the first time in a long time I've placed an rp1 in anger!).

It took us a little while to work out where all the routes went, so I have uploaded several photos (of no particular merit!), simply to help anyone interested to quickly find the lines and get on with the climbing.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/photos/author.php?id=13678

I hope you enjoy it!

Neil

Post edited at 15:32
 Manboob 15 Sep 2021
In reply to Neil Foster:

Great work, thank you. 

bpmclimb 15 Sep 2021
In reply to Neil Foster:

Many thanks for the pics - and the thumbs up for my little offerings

Is there any gear on Often Back?

OP Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 16 Sep 2021
In reply to bpmclimb:

Yeah, the gear is okay actually, though a bit inobvious. I've uploaded a picture of the rack, to encourage folk!

In the second climbing photo I'm placing the top two nuts.  Although these look relatively low, there are only a couple more tricky moves at this point.  The hard climbing is relatively short on Often Back, though still quite intense...

Neil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...