UKC

New routes in south Devon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Mcshea 04 Jul 2021

Hello climbers of the internet!

I've been out of (climbing) action for a few years and am hoping to dig out my rock shoes again soon.....   I was wondering how the landscape has changed, any new exciting development in the area?  Have the link ups been linked up into link ups?  New lines unearthed by imaginative visionaries???  I'd love to hear some enthusiasm for what's on......

GDes 04 Jul 2021
In reply to John Mcshea:

I'm guessing you've spoken to Tom about the overhanging rubble? At least 4 new things at potato head since last November, and he's been busy elsewhere 

Cusco 04 Jul 2021
In reply to John Mcshea:

Hi John. Glad to hear you're back in climbing action and hope all's well with you and the family. As Ged said, Tom will  no doubt have as much info as anyone on any new routes and developments. ATB C

OP John Mcshea 04 Jul 2021
In reply to The Pylon King:

Thanks Inane, It's a great book that, huge effort by Pete and co.  Great frontispiece pic.

In reply to GDes:

Hi Ged, yes I've spoken to Tom, I've heard that you've been putting in some excellent work yourself at the higher end of the scale, sounds like you've developed some really good lines.

In reply to Cusco:

Hi Crispin, nice to hear from you! I have indeed had an update from the crag master general himself who has unsurprisingly been busy exploring and creating as per usual.  I guess I'm just tentatively trying to poke my nose back into the climbing world and get a feel of what's going on.  I guess I should really turn up to the crag for that....

GDes 04 Jul 2021
In reply to John Mcshea:

I can't speak much for the trad development, having barely placed a wire since before my daughter was born, but I'd be surprised if you didn't really enjoy all the new offerings on the sandstone. I think you've been to potato head haven't you? The new stuff there is very good, Tom just needs to pull his finger out and do his two projects! Given the summer we're having, the weatherproof nature of the place is also pretty handy. I was climbing there this morning in the pourinh rain 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...