UKC

Sport multi-pitch in the uk?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jessicacrump 02 Jun 2023

Hey, my favourite type of climbing is sport multi pitch but I can’t think of any that are in the uk, has anyone done any in the uk? If so, do you have topos? 

Ben Farley 02 Jun 2023
In reply to Jessicacrump:

There isn't much in the UK. Largest concentration are on slate, in Twll Mawr, as far as I know. 

The routes that I have done in Twll Mawr have mostly been excellent though, worth doing if you like slate. The Desolation of Smaug is really good. As is Super Massive Blackhole. 

CurlyStevo 02 Jun 2023

There is some in cheddar gorge

beardy mike 02 Jun 2023

Cheddar and Wintours both have a few each, both of which aren't that far from you.

Andy Moles 03 Jun 2023

If you like multi-pitch because you like taking a belay part-way up a crag that's just slightly too big to do in a single pitch, there are some things here and there (I have seen other threads asking the exact same question, which should give most of the options).

If you want multi-pitch à la Verdon or Taghia, or even anything comparable to the UK's bigger trad crags, it doesn't really exist. Twll Mawr might be about the nearest thing?

dominic o 06 Jun 2023
In reply to Ben Farley:

Agreed - Tân y Ddraig (7a) in  Twll Mawr is a great outing in a very atmospheric spot. Longest sport route in Wales? 

Pics here: https://rockaroundtheworld.co.uk/2018/07/21/twll-mawr-and-britains-longest-...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...