UKC

Where would you climb tomorrow?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RM199 16 Mar 2019

Based in Sheffield, willing to drive 2-3 hours for dry rock.

Can do trad, sport or bouldering

keen for ideas

thanks

Offwidth 16 Mar 2019
In reply to RM199:

Somewhere quick drying and sheltered in the southern area where rain is predicted the least.. Cratcliffe always a good bet.

robert-hutton 16 Mar 2019
In reply to RM199:

The Foundry seems to fit your needs😁

mrphilipoldham 16 Mar 2019
In reply to RM199:

Given there are shower bands passing right through the A55/M56 corridor tomorrow I think you're going to be lucky to find anything dry this side of the hills. Driest spot looks like North Yorks, nothing forecast for Harrogate on the BBC (though Windy suggests a chance of light showers) so somewhere exposed in the Almscliff area or further north maybe?

Graeme Hammond 16 Mar 2019
In reply to RM199:

Think it will be similar to Monday so trying to balance enough wind for a decent drying time vs enough shelter to keep warm. North/North East look like it stopped raining soonest today and dry tomorrow but who knows. Am possibly thinking slipstones area. Will probably boulder/solo as preference to get most out of the daylight/weather & lack of partner.

In reply to RM199:

I’m going to drive into the Works from The Peak. It’s not forecast to stop raining until lunch tomorrow, then it’s 4 degrees with a 20mph Westerly. That’s not fun in my book.

Lord_ash2000 16 Mar 2019
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

Me and the team are also planning on Slipstones tomorrow. Things might change depending on revised forcast tomorrow but that's the plan for now.

llanberis36 17 Mar 2019
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

Interestingly most of new stone and baldstones were dry this afternoon 

Remarkable considering the earlier weather 

In reply to llanberis36:

Amazing, it was hailing here till mid afternoon, session on the home board

deacondeacon 17 Mar 2019
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

Slipstones was lovely and dry today. Bit windy though  

OP RM199 18 Mar 2019
In reply to RM199:

Thanks to all who responded 

went to Wainstones on the north York moors, at bit breezy but great for bouldering and dry and sunny all day

Simon Caldwell 18 Mar 2019
In reply to RM199:

We might have seen you as we ran past on the Bilsdale race.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...