UKC

Atera Ski Carrier

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

During a garage clear-out I came across an Atera ski carrier which fits square roof bars. I only used it for a week about twenty years ago so it’s in perfect condition and still in its box. I know almost nothing about skiing. Do people still use carriers like this or is it junk? It’s this one: https://www.atera.de/pdf/082113.pdf

If people tell me it’s junk I swear I’ll throw it away this time and not hoard it for another couple of decades. 

Post edited at 16:23
 Doug 02 Apr 2023
In reply to Thugitty Jugitty:

Don't know if people still buy them but judging by the N° of ski racks of that design I see on car roofs, they are still used.

Grigor 02 Apr 2023
In reply to Thugitty Jugitty:

Definitely not junk. It'd certainly be of use/value to someone, though finding them might be the hurdle.

T-track style roofbars are obviously now more common but plenty folk still use square bars (in part because of the cost of getting bars+accessories). Because skis are now much wider than they were in 2002, it likely won't fit all modern skis. Most racks now hold skis 'flat' and don't have fixed dividers (making them more versatile, able to take snowboards, etc). It'd be worth finding/checking the widest skis it can hold. Narrower skis are still common, just that the potential market shrinks.

Ultimately it'd be very useful to the right person. Probably worth putting on Gumtree and seeing what happens (though perhaps in Autumn).

Post edited at 17:37
In reply to Grigor:

Thanks. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...