UKC

Ouik - Serre Chevalier

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Sam W 18 Mar 2024

Heading to Serre Chevalier at Easter and the Ouik ski pass looks like a good deal (it offers reduced prices for groups).  One question - can anyone confirm that it covers the whole ski area, including Monetiers?  Or is it just the lifts out of SC?

In reply to Sam W:

Hi Sam, 

I'm not 100% sure but as far as I am aware living down the road, Monêtier les Bains is part of Serre Chevalier pass/resort. Serre Chevalier is made up of the 4 centres, Briançon - Chantemerle - Villeneue and Monêtier les Bains. 

If you don't get confirmation here. you could look on snow heads.com, in the forum. there is a few locals that run a post about Serre Chevalier and are often happy to answer questions about pass etc.

Cheers 

OP Sam W 18 Mar 2024
In reply to Sam W:

Thanks, that was my understanding, just wanted to double check as Ouik is so much cheaper that I thought I might be missing something.

Have downloaded your ski touring guidebook and keeping some fingers crossed for fresh snow.

pencilled in 18 Mar 2024
In reply to Sam W:

https://www.serre-chevalier.com/en/ski-area/pass-sales-offices/serre-cheval...

I’m not so sure. The above link shows two links to buy ski passes for SC and Ouik separately. Hm. Sorry I’m not much help but they could offer more detailed info.

I hope you have a good trip. I was in Chantemerle in Feb. My family had a great time but I spent the entire week in bed.

In reply to Sam W:

Thats cool that you downloaded the guide, there are more routes in the website to ecrinscollective.com, I have 15 new routes to add from this season. just need some time of skis to get round to write them up. 

You never know with fresh this season, just when you think it's getting to spring another lead comes through. I have to behest and say I am looking forward twosome spring snow touring. 

As I said I am not 100% sure about the pass, so may be worth checking on snow heads. 

Hope you have a great trip.

Cheers

Post edited at 11:14
OP Sam W 18 Mar 2024
In reply to Sam W:

I had it confirmed via a Facebook group for Ouik that it covers the other resorts within the SC lift area.  Discount we're seeing is massive, not far off half the price of a standard ticket.

Tom Guitarist 18 Mar 2024
In reply to Sam W:

Slight hijack, but does anyone know how the pistes are at Serre Che currently? Possibly heading that way on Thursday/Friday.  

Juan S 18 Mar 2024
In reply to Tom Guitarist:

Pistes are good up high (or at least they were up to yesterday. I haven't been today as it was raining this morning). The pistes down to the villages are slushy from noon or so, but in most villages you can take a gondola down from mid mountain. 

In reply to Sam W:

Yes, Ouik is great for groups, and it's for the whole of Serre Chevalier. For solo travelers, specially those who might want to do some touring/days away from the resort, holiski is great too (you only pay for days you ski, and at a discount).

@Rob: Bring on more powder! There will always be spring touring at the end.

In reply to Juan S:

"@Rob: Bring on more powder! There will always be spring touring at the end."

Looking at the forecast and for the next two weeks, you may get your wish. I am not going to object to more powder skiing but I have to admit it was nice to skin in to the couloir the other day on hard snow rather than breaking trail. 

Stairclimber 19 Mar 2024
In reply to Sam W:

Not familiar with that ski pass, but "Serre Chevalier" is the name of the resort that has lifts starting from Briançon, Chantemerle, Villeneuve and Monetier all on one pass. I think you can buy separate passes to Briançon and Monetier, but it only saves a couple of euros and spoils the ability to travel big distances easily in the extensive ski area. As the end of season approaches the lift prices get reduced (20% ?) but much of Briançon shuts as the snow goes from the south facing slopes. A bus service costs a couple of euros each ride and isn't part of the ski pass if the mountain links are closed or you miss the last lift.

You'll also see the term "Serre Chevalier Valley" boasting inclusion of the strictly ski touring between Monetier and the Col du Lautaret. Though there are many classic trips starting from this 10km of main road between Monetier and the col, the end of resort uplift is in Monetier and you'll need a car.

Without wishing to jinx us all, the Easter skiing and until the end of the season is usually reliable and well groomed above the mid stations (1800m), in glorious sunshine with sometimes massive late big dumps of powder on the last few days of opening (or NOT?).

If you climb, bring some kit, as sunny days are long and you can end your ski day on a crag instead of in a bar. 

pencilled in 19 Mar 2024
In reply to Sam W:

Haha I now realise I completely misunderstood everything and retract my buffoon answer earlier. I had thought that Ouik was a town I’d not heard of. Prat.

OP Sam W 19 Mar 2024
In reply to Sam W:

Thanks for all the responses.  Long range forecast is currently looking promising for some fresh snow, fingers crossed it stays that way, got some new skis to test out...

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...