UKC

climbing terminology

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mic_b 17 Mar 2008
Hi I have been climbing nearly a year now and still dont know some of the terminology for the different moves can some one please explain? Whats an egyption, flagging and following on from the other thread what are levers and planches? If someone could make or point me to a list that would be great. Cheers
 staceyjg 17 Mar 2008
In reply to staceyjg:

Oh and to see some of the techniques in action, Neil Gresham's Climbing Master Class DVD part 1.

OP mic_b 17 Mar 2008
In reply to staceyjg:
Thanks Stacy

Anyone know more of the movement specific terms?
 staceyjg 17 Mar 2008
In reply to mic_b:

The movement specific terms are in there, you just need to look for them, I did check that before I sent you the link. It has flagging, egyption etc etc. I have no idea what lever or planches are.

Funny story from a couple of young lads at our local wall, when on a route I told one of them he needed to rock-over, he looked at his mate and they both just started laughing. Apparently a few months before they asked one of the wall staff how to do a move on a particular route and she replied "oh that's just a rock-over" not wanting to appear stupid they didn't tell her that they didn't have a clue what a rock-over was, so everytime they got stuck on a route they'd just say to each other "oh, just rock-over". They still didn't know until I told them what it was... that really made me chuckle.
OP mic_b 17 Mar 2008
In reply to staceyjg:

Cheers for that funny story, thing is the same keeps happening to me when I'm bouldering at the wall people will say 'oh you just need to flag/egeyption/match' etc. I generally say thanks but then think wtf did that mean then.

I may get lynched now but I think I met you once at the Roaches when I was ahem 'practising' chalkstorm and you had a go.

Cheers

Mic
 staceyjg 17 Mar 2008
In reply to mic_b:

Ssshhhh!! lol!

Yeah, it is me, I've sent you an email. Hope it helps.

Stacey :-D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...