UKC

Harness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
OLDIERETURNS 17 Jan 2018

I know it is subjective. But could any kind person/s give me any advice / opinion on the Black Diamond Bod, if suitable for indoor use. It is around my price bracket and looks to be an all round workhorse. Thanks.

In reply to OLDIERETURNS:

it'd be ok but 

there's no padding on the leg loops and there are harnesses better suited to use at the wall and general rock climbing.

Petzl corax, Black Diamond Momentum DS, DMM Viper or any other similiar style harness would be better and worth the extra money. 

Considering a harness will generally last several years it's worth spending that extra £20 quid in the first place.

Kirill 17 Jan 2018

Get a SInging Rock Onyx. I imagine it will be more comfy, £24 from RnR

Wingnut 17 Jan 2018

Find a shop that'll let you dangle in a selection, then buy one that fits. The BMC have a guide to harnesses here:

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/media/files/Gear/104%20BMC%20Harnesses%20-%20A%20G...

Pbob 17 Jan 2018

I'm on my third bod after wearing out the first and growing out of the second

Not the most comfy for hanging around but not too bad. I'm pretty hefty so lots of weight to put on it but lots of padding built in. 

Great for mountain use (goes on without having to step in to let loops so goes on over crampons etc). Pretty bomb proof. Light, packs well.

OLDIERETURNS 18 Jan 2018
In reply to Wingnut:

Thanks. Useful info. Will find a shop that will let me dangle.

OLDIERETURNS 18 Jan 2018
In reply to Kirill:

Sounds good and good reviews. But looks like it is all online selling ?

petegunn 18 Jan 2018

On the Bod the leg loops tend to chafe a bit, they fit in a slight diagonal position around the leg and up to the groin.  

Most leg loops encircle the whole thigh preventing this.

Best to go somewhere like others have said and try on lots of different models as they all fit slightly different and have different rise heights.

Once you have found one that fits well and know the model and size you can look online for the best prices and/or see if the shop will price match.

The Bod in my view is better as a mountaineering harness rather than a trad/sport

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...