UKC

Looking for partners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jjone797 14 Oct 2018

Hi, I've recently done a mountaineering foundation course covering things like setting up belays in rock and snow, seconding rock climbing, abseiling, some self rescue techniques and a few more bits. I really enjoyed being in the mountains and want to learn as much as I can in the near future to next summer take on some easy alpine routes.

If there is anybody in a similar position or someone who is already doing that sort of thing then I'd love to hear from you to potentially get some climbing done over the next few months!

RyanH 14 Oct 2018
In reply to jjone797:

I’m looking at doing a similar thing, I climb regularly and get out to the mountains when I can. But would love to start visiting the alps next year but the wife likes to stay away from glaciers etc so looking for someone willing to get out to cut my teeth. Where are you baced? 

tehmarks 14 Oct 2018
In reply to jjone797:

I'm hoping to spend most of my November and December in Scotland if that interests you. I have a reasonable amount of alpine experience, but I've somehow managed to spend very little time in Scotland in winter and need to fix that! Drop me an email if you're interested in getting out sometime - whether it be winter walking and mountaineering, or something more technical.

Sophie_ty 16 Oct 2018
In reply to jjone797:

hi, I spend a lot of time in the lakes - mainly weekends. I’ve done some climbing but not loads, I’ve also done a bit of winter climbing, hoping to get out a it more this winter. 

If you’re heading out let me know

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...