UKC

Synthetic Base Layer Leggings

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jockodiounto 04 Oct 2020

Yesterday I finally made the transition from hill walking to scrambling up in the Peak district. I pretty much used my standard hiking gear (various Montane stuff, MH Ibex and Scarpa Zodiac Techs which i found out are amazing on wet rock) but had to put my Montane Ajax pants over my softshell trousers, as it began to hammer it down, and was pretty soon very hot in the leg area. When ice walking in Scotland I have used meriino base layer leggings under the Ajaxs and been pretty comfortable. Does anyone have any recommendations for lightweight synthetic leggings that I can use if I know I am going to be in the rain all day?

Cheers

nathan79 05 Oct 2020
In reply to jockodiounto:

Good old Ronhills may fit the bill, or Helly Hansen Lifa pants.

OP jockodiounto 05 Oct 2020
In reply to nathan79:

Thanks v.much I will have a look and give em a go.

bouldery bits 05 Oct 2020
In reply to nathan79:

> Good old Ronhills may fit the bill, or Helly Hansen Lifa pants.

Both of these. Smelly Helly's MUST be in navy blue. It's the rules. 

Graeme G 05 Oct 2020

> Thanks v.much I will have a look and give em a go.

I have a pair of size large, unused, Lifa leggings I’m about to sell if you’re interested?

PaulJepson 07 Oct 2020

Patagonia capiline is expensive but the best synthetic baselayer I've used. 

Just got some Ronhill winter running tights and my first thought, trying them on, was that they would be a great weight and fit for wearing under a shell on "moving steadily" winter days.  I've been a firm fan of Powerstretch on the legs (under shell) for many decades, but they can get a bit hot at times.

Looking forward to trying them out and reminiscing about the 80's when the only time the Ronhills came off was for work and bed. 

slab_happy 08 Oct 2020

Depends if you count bamboo viscose as "synthetic" or not, but I do love the BAM stuff for baselayers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...