UKC

Would YOU like to try climbing outdoors? (Alba)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Osiris 09 Aug 2018

I am a Rock Climbing Instructor Award trainee. I would like to offer any indoor only climbers/novice climbers the chance to try climbing on real rock around central Scotland - for free of course. 

A session could cover bottom rope climbing (AKA top roping), abseils, easy trad or sport climbing, basic anchor building, gear placement, ropework, and movement skills. I'm happy to travel to meet you in a suitable single pitch venue around Central Scotland. If you have a friend who wants to join, even better.

Please get in touch if you're interested. 

Please note - As a Rock Climbing Instructor Trainee I do not, as yet, hold the Rock Climbing Instructor Award which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of single pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification. I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK, I am insured for third party liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before any activity is conducted.

Post edited at 10:50
 Rockhopper64 17 Aug 2018
In reply to Osiris:

Hi, I would be interested and my 20 year old son too, both from Hamilton.
My mobile number is 07538356277

Cheers Paul

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...