UKC

Crag of the day: Corbie's Craig

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Every day we choose a new 'Crag of the day' from the database of all the crags in the UK.

We don't choose the best or most popular crags, or even crags where it will be dry today! The main point it to get people talking about each crag - what there is to climb there, good points, bad points, any access problems, etc. If you spot any mistakes, or if you have any comments about the crag or photos of climbing there, please send them in!

Crag nameCorbie's Craig[Missing photo!]

LocationMidlothian, Southern Scotland
Grid RefNT 256705 (Landranger map 66)
RocktypeDolerite
Altitude140m a.s.l
Routes10, trad (? - ?)
LogbooksRoute descriptions, grades & voting
AspectS-facing
GuidebooksSMC Lowland Outcrops
UNKNOWN
MapClickable 1:50,000 OS map (open in new window)
Aerial PhotoClickable 1:50,000 aerial photo (open in new window)
Weather
 Today  Sat  Sun  Mon  Tue 

Moderate rain
Mainly cloudy
7 °C

Heavy rain
Broken cloud
10 °C

Light rain
Sunny periods
11 °C

Light rain/ drizzle
Broken cloud
9 °C

Dry
Sunny periods
10 °C
Forecast for this crag, or UK Weather forecast
Indoor wallsList climbing walls within 25 miles
FeaturesUNKNOWN summary of crag
AccessUNKNOWN directions/access notes
Updates
Click to  if you have newer information.
ModeratorDetails for this crag are managed by Mehmet Karatay ?

CommentsThis is an often overlooked crag on Blakford hill. It makes a nice change to the quarry but has a more serious feel about it. There is some loose rock, but there is also good rock to find. Corbie's Crag makes a good escape from the south of the city, and often Kestrels fly below you as you climb.
Mehmet Karatay - 19/04/2006

Click to Submit a comment about this crag.

PhotosThere are no photos of this crag available.
Click to Submit a new photo for this crag.
 S Andrew 26 May 2006
In reply to Charles Arthur - UKC:

No mention of the gorse?
 andymoin 26 May 2006
In reply to Rid Skwerr: Still meaning to get out, is the gorse really that bad. Heard there are bolts at the top for bealys?
 S Andrew 26 May 2006
In reply to andymoin:

I've only looked so don't know about belays. Approach looks lik e tweeds would be better than shorts.
chembhoy 26 May 2006
In reply to andymoin: there are bolts at the top of blackford quarry (about four hundred metres on down the path)

There aint much gear on corbies craig - and the one route I've done on it (bar the mod solo - which was fun) was the scariest route ive done - graded VDiff!!

How is your soloing going up at salisbury?? - ive ticked off most of everything up to VDiff... are you planning on venturing onto some severes sometime soon?? If you are planning it give me a shout!

chembhoy 26 May 2006
In reply to Rid Skwerr: yeah tweeds are perhaps the way forward... i got scratched to pieces when i was there!
 Martin W 26 May 2006
In reply to andymoin:

> (In reply to Rid Skwerr) Still meaning to get out, is the gorse really that bad. Heard there are bolts at the top for bealys?

The gorse can be pretty off-putting. There are no bolts at the top, or anywhere else on the crag, or indeed much of anything you could use for trad gear either. The rumours of there being good rock to find there are, as far as I am concerned, just rumours.

Character building sort of place.
 andymoin 26 May 2006
In reply to chembhoy: done most of the vdifs and a few severs. would prob be up for soloing action next wed if the suns shining.
chembhoy 26 May 2006
In reply to andymoin: sweet - if the weather is kind ill get in touch!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...