UKC

Vandalism to Peak Rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dub Dom 15 Jun 2006
I overheard a worrying conversation today in a shop in Hathersage. A well-to-do forty year old (or thereabouts) man was describing how he went on a lads camping weekend last year, where his friends had lit a big fire and then proceeded to lever a huge block off "one of those cliffs where the climbers go" with branches which were hacked off by one of the group who had brought his chainsaw! He mentioned that they are getting together for another weekend away this weekend and that his friend was probably going to bring a chainsaw. I didn't get to hear where they were going, only that it was reasonably nearby. This guy clearly had a lot of money - I'm guessing that they are a bunch of posh eejits getting away from their wives and behaving badly - very badly, for the weekend. I wasn't really sure what to do with this information. I overheard the man's name, that he was a "mr Walker" and it sounded as though he was reasonably local.
There's not much anyone can really do apart from look out for a bunch of men heading out for a wild camp somewhere in the Hathersage area (and possibly one might have a chainsaw!!). Let's hope they are spotted before they trash something.
 IOAN D 15 Jun 2006
In reply to Dub Dom: f****ng toffs!!
melage 16 Jun 2006
In reply to Dub Dom:
Have you thought about contacting the national park authority, it could be that they are aware of the incident and are investigating it. Either way they'd probably be glad to hear?
 pog100 16 Jun 2006
In reply to Dub Dom:
Which bridge do you live under?
 GrahamD 16 Jun 2006
In reply to Dub Dom:

> There's not much anyone can really do apart from look out for a bunch of men heading out for a wild camp somewhere in the Hathersage area (and possibly one might have a chainsaw!!).

And eating billy goat, presumably.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...