UKC

Right Wall.. Vs.. Resurrection...tech difference please..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Keith Roughley 11 Dec 2006
I assume that Right Wall is a lot bolder, (death on a stick.. or is it...OK ish...??), than the 'Resurrection'..

Technically......which is the most taxing...???

Phew..???

Thanks...
In reply to Keith Roughley:
wouldn't say right wall is death on a stick, indeed I have heard many a time that it is a good first E5. I think the lower section is a little bold, but its the relatively easy part. The crux is high enough up for you to not hit the deck just if you do come off push yourself outwards to avoid the girdle ledge as that has a habbit of breaking ankles.

Ressurection is safe as houses once your past the thread runner. Below the thread runner there as some poor small nut placements, I remember getting an OKish peanut in, but again it's prettye asy climbing, maybe at the most 5b, to get to teh thread runner. Just past the thread runner there is a good nut placement. The peg near the girdle ledge is excellent, then your into left wall where there is bomber gear. The rightwards going crack can also be stitched up with a fair bit of gear, and the spike runner at the end before the crux is also bomber (especailly with a sling and a 1.5friend behind it). I did the original finish to the left, slightly bolder, but easier. I beleive the right hand finish is much harder. many regard the moves as harder than the crux on right wall.
 Tyler 12 Dec 2006

I guess the big difference is that RW is a couple of degrees beyond the vertical whereas Res is a coule of degees less than vertical. Both have pretty positive holds with thin cruxes were they get smaller!
 Ian Patterson 12 Dec 2006
In reply to nicholas Barrowclough:
> (In reply to Keith Roughley)

>I did the original finish to the left, slightly bolder, but easier. I beleive the right hand finish is much harder. many regard the moves as harder than the crux on right wall.

I did the right hand finish, thought it was technically harder than right wall but very well protected. As already said Right Wall is by no means death on a stick - bold in places but other than the risk of hitting the girdle ledge not really dangerous and definitely at the right end of the E5 grade.
 Mark Harding 12 Dec 2006
Support the comments already made.On Right Wall you could take a long fall approaching the girdle ledge but you wouldn't hit anything.Also, you would be unlucky to hit the girdle ledge if you came off higher up.It's certainly not "death on a stick".
Resurrection is harder technically but toatlly safe and due to the angle not quite as pumpy.I did the right hand finish and certainly thought it more technical than anything on Right Wall.Both routes are very good but Resurrection is overall better quality.
In reply to Mark Harding:

Thanks all.....your comments are now being digested....
 Enty 12 Dec 2006
In reply to Tyler:
> (In reply to Keith Roughley)
>
> I guess the big difference is that RW is a couple of degrees beyond the vertical whereas Res is a coule of degees less than vertical. Both have pretty positive holds with thin cruxes were they get smaller!

Tyler - Nail on head!!!
I'm better with my feet than with my arms.
Right Wall made me concentrate on resting and Resurrection felt fine.
I thought the crux after the ledge on RW way harder than anything on Resurrection.

The Ent

John Kirk 12 Dec 2006
In reply to Keith Roughley: Right Wall is more sustained at 5c with one easy 6a move. Resurection has one harder move but it's closer to gear. No excuse for not lacing RW these days with micro friends etc , but you might find an old hex 2 on wire handy after 20 feet.
 The Pylon King 12 Dec 2006
In reply to John Kirk:

Hmm - everyone's making these sound very do-able, think i may have a go at them in my next life
 Fiend 12 Dec 2006
In reply to The Pylon King:

...in which you will be reincarnated as a guinea pig.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...