UKC

Grade my project

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climber1993 31 Jul 2007
Hello ukc 'gurus' i discovered a old quarried out crag along the unused railway near were i live. it is about 15metres high n slighty overhanging. the holds are sloping edges mainly. ill describe. for the first 5 metres its f6b climbing the there are two bouldery cruxes the first is a slopey rail which you traverse using toehooks heel hooks then rock over to a big edge poss V5. the second bouldery crux is at 10 metres and is a side pull witha toe hook reaching far right then you swing n have to hold it in poss V4. then 5 metres of 6a+ climbing to the top. iv not yet linked it. but have done the individual sections.

cheers mat
OP climber1993 31 Jul 2007
little help?
 IOAN D 31 Jul 2007
In reply to climber1993: what is the angle of it? grades are just a rough guide as some people climb a route totally different styles and move differently e.g "say a longer reach". it looks like your project has a british 6b crux that is the v5 bit you were saying, plus the v4 bit wich can be also british 6b. a sport route whitch has 2 6b moves is usually f7b upwards. grades are very hard things to understand but are a good guess. hope it is helpfull. jet ur project nailed dude!
 TRNovice 31 Jul 2007
In reply to climber1993:

I'm going to take a wild stab at MVS-
 UKB Shark 31 Jul 2007
In reply to climber1993:

No idea but you need to post your fit club diary entry for last week and I cant email you.

End.
 abarro81 31 Jul 2007
In reply to climber1993: depends on how easy it is to recover between the sections and whether the hard sections are actually V4/5 or just feel a bit like that because they're on a rope. 7b+?
In reply to abarro81:

Christ! I was going to say 6c.

Maybe I really haven't grasped this V5 nonsense yet.

jcm
DEvans 01 Aug 2007
In reply to all
i was thinking 7b/7b+ but the crux sections have to be much harder than any other moves.

Andy Farnell 01 Aug 2007
In reply to climber1993: So its a ramble to a V5, then another ramble to a V4/5, then a ramble to the top. 7a+/7b tops.

Andy F
 Nic 01 Aug 2007
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

Yorkshire HVS / Scottish VS at a guess?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...