UKC

NEW ARTICLE: The Affabulateurs by Christian Beckwith - Alpinist

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 27 Mar 2008
"It began to rain, a wet, sleety precipitate that, as Duff watched, gathered on the walls around him. The drops started to accumulate—and then, before his very eyes, they began to freeze.

Inspiration formed as quickly as the drops turned to ice. Placing a pick atop one of the frozen drops, Duff transferred the entirety of his weight. The drop held..."

Christian Beckwith of Alpinist Magazine treats us to a fireside story...

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=876
 Morgan Woods 27 Mar 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

have already read it in my first ever Alpinist purchase. even if you don't want to subscribe it is worth getting that issue for the feature on Ben Nevis.

tobyfk 27 Mar 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=291477

I have been a huge fan of Alpinist. My experience as a - very brief - subscriber was exceedingly offputting. I cancelled when they refused to start the subscription with the current issue (the issue for which you are also carrying the subscription promotional ad!). Nor bother to explain why not.
 Michael Ryan 27 Mar 2008
In reply to tobyfk:

I'll investigate Toby.

Mick
 Morgan Woods 27 Mar 2008
In reply to tobyfk:

i've also had bad experience with Climbing mags subscription department which led to my cancellation....not sure why they treat this potential business like crap. have had good experiences with Climber (UK), but i rate the content of the US mags more highly.

Not had any experience with Alpinist subs but i've found that (at least with Climbing) getting in touch with someone senior and setting out your grievances may help.
 Damo 27 Mar 2008
In reply to Morgan Woods:

Re: Climbing. I just arrived home after 4 months away to find that I'd not been sent the last four or so issues I'd subscribed for. I filled in the 'Missing Issues' form on their website and received a reply in around 24hrs saying that they'd extended my subscription by four to replace the missing issues. Not impressed by the problem, but can't fault the remedy.

D
 Dee 27 Mar 2008
In reply to tobyfk: Sorry to hear you had problems. I've nothing but praise for Alpinist - the subscription was easy and I got what I wanted. They ran out of calenders - a re-subscribe gift - so sent a T-shirt instead and extended by subscription by a few issues.
Erik Lambert 28 Mar 2008
Sorry to hear a few of you have had subscription problems with Alpinist. If you ever experience frustration with our customer service line (we're always trying to improve), let us know at the editorial office, and we'll rectify the problem right away. Happy climbing,

Erik Lambert
Alpinist Magazine
Online Editor
erik@alpinist.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...