UKC

I just lead my first E1!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 HeatherF 18 May 2008
and im rather proud of myself! Cementry gates in the pass Thats my summer target though so i dont know what to do now!
 argyle_dude 18 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:
"Thats my summer target though so i dont know what to do now"

E2 :-p
OP HeatherF 18 May 2008
my dad said that too-i think hes tryng to get rid of me...
 Niall 18 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:

Nice one, Cenotaph Corner next?
OP HeatherF 18 May 2008
maybe-took a look at it on the ab down and it looks scary!
 groovy_nut 18 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:

Nice one! That's my summer goal too (Cemetary Gates that is, I managed to lead my first E1 on the last bank hol )
 sutty 18 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:

Take your pick, lots more to go at on here;

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/search.php?forum=0&dates=1&na...
 CJD 18 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:

good stuff! please can I have some of your climbing mojo?
In reply to hetaher: Well done, I was watching you from the Pass after climbing Flying Buttress. We were wondering what you were up to and wether or not you were going to lead it in one pitch...great entertainment
 sutty 18 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:

Just re read your post and realised you cheated;
Cementry?

Concrete steps are not allowed.
 Dr Avid 18 May 2008
In reply to hetaher: Well done, did you find it difficult?
OP HeatherF 18 May 2008
ah-just because i cant spell-mind you it would require skills to mix concrete half way up there! I though it was okay in the end. quite pumpy though because we did it in one pitch
Wingman 18 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:

Left Wall

That's my summer target
 climbingpixie 18 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:

Good effort! And nice one for picking a 'proper' E1, not some short grit soft touch (like I did, lol).

> Thats my summer target though so i dont know what to do now!

Find lots more inspiring routes. If you can do them, do them, if you can't, climb more until you get good enough and then do them
 JHM 20 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:

My target's The Tippler, Stanage Popular. Probably shouldn't do it as my first E1, but it looks so inviting!
 54ms 20 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:

Indeed well done for picking a "proper" E1. I tried big tree corner at tibilthwaite last year and failed miserably on polished slate hell and gave up. Tried another recently at my local quarry and although I flew up was disappointed, just to easy at the grade, so I still don't feel I've climbed it.
 RocknRoll 21 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:

Get down to Pembroke, lots of E1s down there, try Cool For Cats.
 Al Evans 21 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:
> maybe-took a look at it on the ab down and it looks scary!

The day I lead Cenotaph Corner I failed on Cemetery Gates, maybe I had used up my adreniline quotient for that day

Al Evans 21 May 2008
In reply to RocknRoll: And Manzoku, both similar climbing to the Gates and maybe easier.
 hutchm 21 May 2008
In reply to Al Evans:

Hmmm...good solid E1 targets...Gogarth at Gogarth, Left Unconquerable on grit?
IbexJim 21 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:
don't worry - CC is as safe as houses, as much pro as you can carry.
But a bit polished and lots of edging - my calves ached more than my arms!
What's the gates like?
 gribble 21 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:
Good effort! I've just done Flying Buttress direct, and also wondered what next. Found out last nigh - went and climbed the three Unconquerables. Fantastic! Tippler and Moyers Buttress next, I think.
 sutty 21 May 2008
In reply to IbexJim:

Gates is slightly easier in the main though more on your arms than other routes. The scariest thing on it is the belay near the top, a sloping ledge with you half hanging on your belay.

For practice, do Noah's Warning and Cobweb Crack, just as steep.
OP HeatherF 21 May 2008
Cementry is good-quite pumpy though i found!

Not too keen on gritstone so will be givign the unconquerables a miss i think! also cant be bothered with stanage in the summer! I want to get out and do some good mountain routes!
 DuncanTunstall 21 May 2008
In reply to hetaher: Congrats. Heather, impressive first E1. I still remember mine which was Suicide Wall at Bosigran, with a point of aid.

Now for the rest of the E1's in the Pass... oh and on Cloggy...oh and Tremadoc ...oh and Gogarth and.... Easily enough to keep you inspired for several decades to come. It has for us.
 Morgan Woods 21 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:

your profile says you have bouldered V7....bloody hell!!!! wish i could even get close to that level.

in any case i think the cromlech in particular and the pass in general is a wonderful place so hope you're psyched for more "extreme" climbing there.
Dan Walker 21 May 2008
In reply to hetaher: Did I meet you on your way down when we were on walking up to do cenotaph corner?
Well done!
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 21 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:

With the exclamation mark in your title I thought it said "I just led my first E11".

Chris
OP HeatherF 21 May 2008
yeah i think we probably did-i expect i engaged you in a conversation that had absolutely no referance to anything and i do apologise for it!

oh and also-i wish it was E11!
Removed User 23 May 2008
In reply to hetaher:

I'd drink myself senseless. Well done!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...