UKC

NEW REVIEW: Mad Rock Flash Lace Up Climbing by Kevin Avery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 18 Jun 2008
A very versatile shoe offering all day comfort, excellent technical performance, a great fit (particularly the heel) and some very sticky rubber. It would be a great choice for climbers of all abilities who are looking for one shoe that can do every job.

It is priced competitively at an RRP of £60. On the downside, I would beware of the durability of the lacing system and be prepared for some (not so nice) comments on the style!

Kevin Avery reports: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=1106

Have you experience of this product? Please feel free to add your opinion to this forum thread about this product.
TimS 19 Jun 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Ah Kev's emo climbing shoes - amazing! Go best with tight black jeans and a big black fringe.
 Ade7 19 Jun 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Does anyone know how they compare to the Mad Rock Flash velcro, in particular the fit?

I have a pair of Flash velcros which are a great fit but can start to hurt on the toes after a few hours. I’d be interested in another shoe which is slightly more comfortable maybe with a firmer sole that would be a good all-dayer.
 kevavery 19 Jun 2008
In reply to Ade7:

They're supposed to be built on the same last, so should fit pretty much the same. I can't guarantee this however as I haven't tried the velcro version. For what you're after though, "slightly more comfortable maybe with a firmer sole that would be a good all-dayer." Then I think they would be a good choice. Hope this helps.

Kevin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...