UKC

LOCAL NEWS: North Wales Quarry Action

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 18 Aug 2008
On Friday the 15th of August James McHaffie and Pete Robins set to work on a 1 day attempt of The Quarryman E8 7a, Johnny Dawes' famous four-pitch slate masterpiece.

After the pair began to struggle with a dangerously placed bolt on the final pitch, Johnny Dawes (who was watching their efforts) shouted down that he may have had a quickdraw pre-placed...

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=08&year=2008#n45262
 Jonathan T 18 Aug 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Is it true that the way Dawes climbs the groove pitch in Stone Monkey is the way everyone finds they have to climb it or was that just Dawes?
 john howard 1 18 Aug 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Awesome effort!Nice one, sounds like an amazing day
OP Jack Geldard 18 Aug 2008
In reply to Jonathan T: I believe everyone climbs it slightly differently, depending on height and flexibility, but it all involves bizarre bridging and crazy squirming similar to the 'Stone Monkey' video.

However I have (thankfully) never tried it myself, so that is second hand info.

Jack
 Jonathan T 18 Aug 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Thanks. I look forward to your article and video when you do try it!
Derbyshire Ben 18 Aug 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

Jack - I don't have my Lleyn guide nearby but is your route the 'true' line up the overhanging wall in the 1st quarry adjacent to the car park? If so, fine effort.. I've always wondered when that would go and who would do it.
OP Jack Geldard 18 Aug 2008
In reply to Derbyshire Ben: Hi Ben, yeah that's it. Right next to the parking. Cheers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...