UKC

Fiveten Galileo - Glasgow??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Need new shoes, I've been using the new 5.10 Anasazi Velcros but the heels are crap and I've heard the Galileo may have a better heel and may be slightly stiffer and better for trad.

Does anyone know if they are stocked anywhere near Glasgow?

Has anyone seent he new Anasazi Lace-Ups or Jet-7 in the shops yet?
soveda@work 27 Aug 2008
In reply to Alasdair Fulton:
The galileo has a different shape (wider toe box) so may not suit your foot if you fit the anasazi last.
 Hay 27 Aug 2008
Tiso at Ratho has the new white Anasazi in.

Bruce
In reply to soveda@work: Hmm, what's the heel like? I'll have to try them on and see!
In reply to Hay: I guess glasgow could get them in too then...might get them to order in a few pairs.
soveda@work 27 Aug 2008

It's much less aggressive than the anasazi. (Or it was when I got my pair 2 years ago). I find it fits my heel well and I have narrow heels but a relatively wide fore-foot. They are much "flatter"/less down turned than the anasazis I have tried (for the same sole length).

Oh and they only now need a resole after 2 yrs use 2-3 times a week (mostly on plastic but hey!).
 Hay 27 Aug 2008
You'll probably need a smaller size than you think. They seem a bigger fit than pinks were.
In reply to soveda@work: Would you say they are comfier? I could cope with a slightly less aggressive shoe, if it had a better heel and was comfier.

If I need an aggressive pair I might buy a second set.
 galpinos 27 Aug 2008

I've had Gallileos and as my foot isn't that wide, ended up buying them too small to get the snug fit that I wanted. Heel is fine, not as good as the green lace-ups though. White lace-up heel isn't quite as good as the greens, but perfectly fine for what I do, the toe-box is smaller so they aren't as comfy (single pitch only at the mo)

I wear greens for trad and anything smeary (grit etc) and the whites for hard sport/limestone.

(Tried the Jet7s but no matter what size they were, I could just pull them sraight off at the heel. Weird.
 galpinos 27 Aug 2008
> (In reply to soveda@work) Would you say they are comfier?

For my foot, the gallileos were a lot less comfy than the subsequent lace-ups.
In reply to galpinos: It's such a pain in the @ss that no shops around here have a decent selection of shoes!!! I want to try on 15 pairs and get the ones that fit best, but I just can't!!!

I'll maybe try the greens and whites, then probably end up with the same old VCS's.....
 galpinos 27 Aug 2008

Having gone through 2 pairs of greens and had a third nicked, it would take a lot to make me pick another all round shoe. They've never stuggled on any type to rock/climbing, are comfy yet perform well.

(I only got the whites as I thought they looked fly and I believed I needed a dedicated edging shoe as I was going to crush the limestone in the peak this summer. How wrong can you be....)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...