UKC

NEWS: Ryan Pasquill - F8c/+ at Ceuse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 03 Sep 2008
'C3PO' reports on UKBouldering that British climber Ryan Pasquill has succeeded on Bah Bah Black Sheep (F8c/+) at Ceuse, France.

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=09&year=2008#n45295
 Simon Wilson 03 Sep 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

In the interests of accuracy, Pasquill is double L. As in Ladies Love.

Killian Fischuber also did it around the time as Bock. And judging by the dismayed look on Bock's face as he paid out slack for Fischuber to clip the chains, he did it pretty quick as well.
OP Jack Geldard 03 Sep 2008
In reply to Somebody's Fool: Thank you for that. Now changed to LL.

Jack.
 Harald 03 Sep 2008
Just saw Rich S is back in business and wrote this on his 8a.nu scorecard: 'Not bad for a Boxer. 8C and 4 minute mile in one month... One month's training.'
 James Oswald 03 Sep 2008
In reply to Harald:
Wow that is impressive!!!
 Morgan Woods 03 Sep 2008

so is it 8c or 8c+

still impressive either way.
 andi turner 03 Sep 2008

Great news! Even the more impresive as he's not 13 years old.
 teddy 03 Sep 2008
In reply to Morgan Woods:

I don't know a massive amount about the route but think it was graded 8c+ originally. In the 2002 dave Graham DVD Autobahn, DG climbs it. I think he graded it 8c+ after his first ascent. Marcus Bock called it 8c+ when he did it in 2005. I think maybe new methods have been found resulting in a reappraisal of the grade or maybe it has had so many ascents it is no longer thought of as the higher grade?? I know Shawn diamond did it in 2006 calling it 8c+.

I heard the crux is V10 but that there are good holds afterwards. Maybe not sustained enough for 8c+?? Not that I would know!! lol ;0)

4291 03 Sep 2008
In reply to Harald:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC)
> Just saw Rich S is back in business...4 minute mile..."

That is extremely impressive; Mo Farah's PB is only about 2 seconds less than that?

I watched young Jackob Schubert (austrian kid) send bah bah, and he made it look absolutely nails!!! Also seeing ryan climbing in ceuse, with a crazily quick ascent of "l'ami de tout le monde" 8b, no doubt the route probably is the harder of the slash garde given i.e. 8c+. Also saw Ryan trying three degrees (9a) and although he only had one shot on it, he almost stuck the dyno, pretty insane considering I heard it took ages for sharma to stick it...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...