UKC

The lizard climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ed morris 15 Oct 2008
hi everyone
thank you for all feedback on roch rock. Is there any climbing at the lizard?,If so do you reccomend any good routes to lead.(diff-HS)
thank you.
Ed Morris
In reply to Ed morris:

Yes there is. It's in the CC West Penwith guide.

I'd recommend The Womb Tomb as being most amusing.

If you like terrifying VSs then there's a beautiful arete somewhere to the right which gives excellent climbing. Just don't fall off!
 Al Evans 15 Oct 2008
In reply to Ed morris: Too right, The Cull is one of the best routes in the S West! Its in The N Devon and Cornwall guide strangely
 AJM 15 Oct 2008
In reply to Al Evans:

Not for years it hasn't.

Ignore Al's post, its now in the CC West Penwith guide.

AJM
 Al Evans 15 Oct 2008
In reply to victim of mathematics:
> (In reply to Ed morris)
>
> Yes there is. It's in the CC West Penwith guide.

Oooooops thats new then, it always used to be in the N Devon and Cornwall guide?
 Al Evans 15 Oct 2008
In reply to Ed morris: The Cull is about E2 though
 Al Evans 15 Oct 2008
In reply to AJM: PS, glad you enjoyed North West Passage
 orge 15 Oct 2008
In reply to Ed morris:

I can recommend you have a look at Pen Olver. We spent a day there last year and it's a very pleasant crag. There's quite a few climbs in the grade range you're looking for and the approach doesn't require an abseil (although it took us a while to find!).

We also popped into Trewavas on our Cornwall trip this year and that's probably worth a look. Check the ukc crag search for some more adventurous suggestions, if that's what you're looking for.

J
 Tom Last 15 Oct 2008
In reply to Ed morris:

Some nice looking DWS in Mike Robertson's guide.

My mate reckons it's pretty good.
 JimR 15 Oct 2008
In reply to Ed morris:

Bosigran and Sennen are not that not far from the Lizard. BTW did you use to sail a Topper near Ringwood?
 AJM 15 Oct 2008
In reply to Al Evans:

Aye, probably my best trad day so far this year, or close to..... North West Passage late morning/lunchtime, ice cream and lunch break, then Gogarth in the late afternoon. Classic stuff. Had some serious rope drag by the time I topped out on NWP mind you

AJM

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...