UKC

NEWS: Scottish Tooling Series - THE FINAL

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 16 Dec 2008
Pauline Sanderson reports on the final of the Scottish Tooling Series held at the Ice Factor - Lochaber last weekend. The whole series was a great success. Thanks to the hosts, Avertical World - Dundee, Edinburgh International Climbing Arena:Ratho, Extreme Dream Climbing Wall - Aviemore, Glenmore L...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=12&year=2008#n45509
 Tyler 16 Dec 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

I hate it when people say things like "You shouldn't be climbing indoors on a day like today"
I hate it when people say things like "Bouldering's not real climbing, you should get on the proper stuff"
I hate it when people say things like "Grit's not proper climbing you should get yourself to Gogarth"
Basically I really hate it when people come on here and tell people what they should climb, where they should go or otherwise decry other people's chosen style of climbing.

And yet, having watched that video clip, I just can't help myself. That really does look like a truly shit way to spend a clear and snowy afternoon in the Cairngorms.
 seagull 16 Dec 2008
In reply to Tyler:

Ha ha ha ha! Great post. Have to agree but leave em to it if they're having fun.
 Silum 16 Dec 2008
In reply to Tyler:

lol
BennyC 16 Dec 2008
In reply to Tyler:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> I hate it when people say things like "You shouldn't be climbing indoors on a day like today"

Just out of interest. What is your reply when people say this? I agree with you. You should do what you want.
 Ramon Marin 16 Dec 2008
In reply to Tyler:

I'm well into drytooling nowadays, and I have to admit that top-roping that 6 meter stone wall is less than inspiring, let alone a national comp venue. Having said that, the other venues like Ratho look the business.
 Bill Davidson 16 Dec 2008
In reply to ramon marin martinez:

I wasn't at the Glenmore one Ramon but competed in the rest, you would have totally enjoyed them
 Jamie B 17 Dec 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Good write-up Pauline. I'd be remiss not to mention the sterling efforts of the Ice Factor routesetters - Donald King, Kenny Grant, Blair Fyffe and Chuck Stevens. If you could have seen these guys still on the go at 10pm on Friday night agonising about making the routes "just right" you'd get a good idea of the hard work that gos into these comps!
OP Michael Ryan 17 Dec 2008
In reply to Jamie B.:

added Jamie.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...