UKC

NEWS: Sport Climbing Round-Up - Ondra On Fire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Mar 2009
[Adam Ondra Open Air F9a+, 4 kb]The last few weeks have seen a number of big ascents in the world of sport-climbing, particularly from the younger generation.

First up is Czech "boy-wonder" Adam Ondra who appears to have started 2009 with much the same conviction as he ended 2008! In the final week of February Adam on-sighted the route Metaphysique Des Tubes, F8c on the beautiful tufa-clad walls of Seynes...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=46367

Liam Copley 06 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News: 'Ondra On Fire', Isn't he always!?
 vincentvega 06 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News:

4 8c onsights already!!

jesus!
 James Oswald 06 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News:
Good work!
Just makes me wonder how far will sport climbing be pushed in upcoming years?
James
 telemarker 06 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome, just plain awesome.
 Durbs 09 Mar 2009
Probably old ground - but to what extent does their youth actually help them?
I'm thinking in terms of physical build, strength:weight ratio etc...
They're physically still developing, and I'm wondering as their bodies change will they plateau where they are until they've settled down?

As my hardest route is 6b, I'm in no way qualified to even contemplate this sort of climbing - but I wonder if a parallel could be drawn with gymnastics whereby post 18 many girls don't compete at the same level.
mctrials23 09 Mar 2009
In reply to Durbs: Basically its a massive advantage for them. I cant remember which spanish climber it was that was rather good when he was younger but he said that after his early teens he never had the same power or stamina. Basically he got muscles and became heavier.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...