UKC

rock boots for narrow feet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
MarkM 26 Mar 2009
Previously I've got on well with Scarpa Dominators and Red chilli Phantom's ... but I don't think either of these can still be bought...

Any suggestions for new boots on the market suitable for narrow and low volume feet?

Cheers
Mark
Rushmore 26 Mar 2009
In reply to MarkM:

red chili sausilito are good for narroww feet. sticky rubber too
 gingerwolf 26 Mar 2009
In reply to MarkM: yea, i have thin feet, and wear the red chili spirit vcr's. and are perfect!
some people say there feet roll in them, but i think thats just nonsense personally!
hope this helps!
 CarolineMc 26 Mar 2009
In reply to MarkM: Also try Scarpa Visions. C-:
 Andy Long 26 Mar 2009
In reply to Rushmore:
I have some Sausalitos. They're pretty comfortable but rather wide. I have narrow, shovel-shaped feet which hardly taper at all at the end. I've never yet, in forty-odd years, found a pair of rock shoes which were both comfortable and efficient.
 DaveHK 26 Mar 2009
In reply to MarkM:

I've always found chilis to be the broadest boots on the market! Odd that folks are recommending them for this.

Evolve Bandits and Pontas work well for my skinny feet,
 marclloyd77 26 Mar 2009
In reply to MarkM:

I'm the same, try Boreal spider.
 benj_d 26 Mar 2009
In reply to MarkM:

Five Ten anasazi pinks or whites are pretty slim.

Depending on what size you are, there is no shame in buying a big pair of womens shoes.
In reply to benj_d:

True, i find womens boots fit my feet better than mens. Womens Meindl Burmas being a perfect fit.
As for rock boots, i have a pair of (UK 7.5) 5.10s possibly anasazi(?) that are a really good fit. Not sure if they are mens or womens though but they are a nice manly looking blue colour
MarkM 26 Mar 2009
In reply to All:

Thanks for the tips- a range of options and opinions always handy - and some narrow feet obviously way diffeernt from others. Women's boots a good suggestion but never seem to find these in size 10 over here (have done in the US)!

Cheers
Mark
In reply to MarkM: the 5.10 Low Volumes replaced the blue velcros which were women's fit ie slim. The LV aren't as good as the blues but are ok
 Hay 26 Mar 2009
In reply to MarkM:
You'll not get an LV (womens) fit above 41 I wouldn't think.
I find that Scarpa Thunder (comfyish all day tradder but quite technical) and 5.10 Verdes are both a good starting point for slim feet. Pontas is also a good shout as is the Pontas Laceup.

Bruce
 Dominic Green 28 Mar 2009
evolv pontas 5.10 white lace up. I have the same issue
ice.solo 28 Mar 2009
In reply to MarkM:

i have skinny feet and am finding millet dulacs good.
find too that they are a good shape for having a second toe as long or longer than the big toe where other shoes are crippling.

i often wonder what dulacs foot looks like...
 kingholmesy 28 Mar 2009
In reply to MarkM:

I would suggest the white anasazis or the 5:10 moccasins.
 neil the weak 28 Mar 2009
In reply to MarkM:
Some wierd suggestions on here! Assuming you really do have narrow feet (you would be just amazed how many people are wildly wrong in the opinion of their own foot shape.....) then some rock shoes which are definetely narrow fitting are.

Evolv Pontas and Pontas Lace - quite a similar style of shoe to your Phantoms, pointy, non downturned etc.. maybe narrower fit though.

5.10 Anasazi Lace Ups, especially the whites but they're a more aggresive shoe - harder on your toes and achillies.

Scarpa Visions - these are almost the same shoe as your old Dominator but are getting quite hard to find now with most shops running the downturny ones instead for performance models from them.
In reply to MarkM:

I'll second the Scarpa Vision suggestion - they're made on the same last as the dominators and i can vouch for an almost identical fit.

They are hard to get hold of though - not too many shops seem to stock 'em
Mausman. 28 Mar 2009
In reply to MarkM:

Another vote for visions, they fit narrow feet very well, be carefull of buying without trying them on as scarpa sizing has got a bit silly recently ie i take a 42 in most shoes but a 41 in scarpas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...